Centennial hophash incoming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More information would be nice?

Yeah more info would be great.

At this stage I'm not sure whether it's meant to be smoked or boiled

Here's to stating the obvious.
Hophash or lupulin resin is removed from the hammer mills during and after each variety is processed.
The sticky icky icky is scaled in at between 16 - 32%aa and is used the same way an extract is introduced into the "boil"

I will stick to using it in my beer...smoking hops isn't really my thing

**** me, good luck getting that through!

technobabble66 said:
FTFY

You'll probably get it, but only after it's been opened and oxidized in customs.
open one bag from every parcel that I have landed anyway. I generally don't order any less than 16 pound at a time.

Hophash should be excellent for dry hopping or keg hopping. Pretty much no beer losses due to green solids. I'd love to give it a go.

Well despite all the negativity the hash landed fair into my hands UNOPENED and fresh as, well hop resin of the hammers

1480378777503.jpg

Honestly, that stuff and I would come to blows. On a late night in the brewery when I decided to have a go at smoking it. Need to find someone with a vape...I'm doomed.

BottloBill said:
is that what all the numbskulls are using now?
This is the internet, you don't need to take everything here seriously...

All good....was just expecting to get some decent comments and keep this one on topic.

TBH, I don't see people saying it would have been opened as a downside
Because it does happen, quite a bit
I've bought in hops from the states 3 times now, and all 3 times they've been opened by customs
Just people being realists, not negative

sp0rk said:
TBH, I don't see people saying it would have been opened as a downside
Because it does happen, quite a bit
I've bought in hope from the states 3 times now, and all 3 times they've been opened by customs
Just people being realists, not negative
This is true Spork, but show me a time when anyone has purchased hops from our Good friends here or internationally and it's not been exposed to oxygen.

You're right, hops will be exposed to oxygen when our local (or international distributors) are splitting batches up
However, they'll be resealing them in flushed or evacuated containers/bags fairly quickly, then keeping them cold again
However with customs, it's sitting around warm, exposed to oxygen for god knows how long (one of my lots took 3 weeks between being sent and me getting it) before you get it and repackage it
Apples and oranges

Yeah I've had orders from the states where one of the bags had been opened but not the others. On one order the pellets in the opened bag had gone a bit yellowed compared to the nice green of the unopened ones. The last order I got though, none of the bags had been opened by customs, or if they had they'd done a brilliant job of making it look like they hadn't been :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back