Cascade Chocolate Porter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I am drinking this kit at presant, very nice, I added one can of black rock malt extract my start SG was 1040 finnished at 1009, also used 28 grams of cascade hops boiled in 3L of water for 15 min and added at the end of the boil; fermented at 20 deg C bottled after 16days. there yest was slow to start.
Mudwiggle

Hi I am new to this forum (well actually forums altogether) -- just bought one of the Cascade Porter kits and was it was mentioned to leave it mature for 3mths in bottles? If i am kegging do I leave it for the same period of time in kegs to achieve this or a secondary feremtor? If so at what temperature should I mature porters at (fermenting or refrigeration (4degrees)).
Btw I am new to the brewing game so applogies if i get any terms etc mixed up, but please correct me.

I went ahead and bottled 20 bottles or so just to see if anything comes of it.

I decided to hold on the stout and pushed a honey wheat to the front of the list.

1 Can blackrock wispering wheat 1.7kg
1kg dried wheat malt
500g dried LDME
250 corn syrup
400-500 grams HQ honey
Wyeast

OG 1068

I went ahead and bottled 20 bottles or so just to see if anything comes of it.

I decided to hold on the stout and pushed a honey wheat to the front of the list.

1 Can blackrock wispering wheat 1.7kg
1kg dried wheat malt
500g dried LDME
250 corn syrup
400-500 grams HQ honey
Wyeast

OG 1068

Nice amount (1750g) of fermentables, I'd probably drop the corn syrup though with that lineup. My first honey wheat was bloody nice, second not so good....

Latest posts

Back