Cascade Brew Kits.....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sold a heap but have not yet had time to make one up.

I am certainly keen to hear back about the quality of these kits

Jovial Monk

my hb guys says the same, he said they have moved alot of them but is yet to hear back or taste one

I nearly bought one.

Er, that's no help... I'm awaiting [a local award winning brewer]'s comments on the Cascade Porter as I heard he'd bought one.

I'll listen to what everyone here says too ;)

As part of the first brew lesson at the shop I intend to put together a brew of the Porter kit with one of our Packs. No extra hops, grains etc--I want to see how good the kit is

Jovial Monk

Jovial_Monk said:
As part of the first brew lesson at the shop I intend to put together a brew of the Porter kit with one of our Packs. No extra hops, grains etc--I want to see how good the kit is

Jovial Monk
Well, why not make it as per the can recipe then... ;)

How can you judge the kit then and let the customers know if you tweak it....

All I will add is pale and wheat malt extract + some dextrose, that is what I recommend to my customers.

A good kit will only be enhanced by that, and I do not care to know bad kits

Jovial Monk

I havent ventured out to a HBS lately, so could somebody fill me in on whats available, or better still, post a link to thier homepage.

cheers

I know it's bad form to revive old old threads, but hey atleast you can't complain I'm not using seach :)

Anyway, I like the look of the cascade porter. Anyone tried it?

bk_cm_glass.jpg

And coles seems to only carry the three other cascade kits?

i used the spicy ghost can threw away the yeast satchett and used safflager yeast , 1 Kg of dextrose, 1.5 kg of light malt and it stayed at 10 degrees it is dynamight. No alcohol taste dark honey colour very nice.

i'm not sure exactly what the "bohemian yeast" is but it is quite slow to ferment and i've had good results with using this in the pale ale kit. seems to be pretty good for a budget kit yeast anyway...

i'm not sure exactly what the "bohemian yeast" is but it is quite slow to ferment and i've had good results with using this in the pale ale kit. seems to be pretty good for a budget kit yeast anyway...
The supplied yeast is a true lager yeast, but only small amount, if you want to use this yeast it's better too use 2 sachets of it

Back