Carbonation Levels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitternacht Brauer

Reaction score
Hi all ,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the carbonation level was for commercial soft drinks ? Just the result of my mind wondering today . Dangerous thing when let loose.

I was looking at a glass of lemonade that the wife had on the bench today that had bubbles rising out of it for ages. I have been trying to get the CO2 right in the bar for a while . I seem to strike a happy medium then I get a flat keg or an over carbed one .

Softdrink is about 3.5 x vol of CO2, beer is about 2.4 x vol. There are some calculators on here somewhere, where you plug in the temperature and pressure to get desired volumes.

With your keg setup no being reliable for gassing, are you doing the shake rattle and roll? I screwed about trying that, now I just leave it for a week or two at serving pressure.

What gassing procedure do you follow?

QldKev

I usually give the keg a squirt after I fill it then put it in the kegerator at serving pressure .I thought that maybe I was putting too much in the new keg and it was equaliziing through the manifold to the other kegs . I have just installed 5 non return valves . One for each disconnect gas line and one on the supply to the manifold from the reg. I'll see if this helps.

Back