Can You Beat $9 A Bottle For Corona ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got ripped 10 bucks each for Heineken served on a beach resort in Fiji with a free smile.
It was an import (imported from Australia).

Damn, you guys were drinking the wrong stuff in the wrong places in vegas... we found plenty of fizzy yellow alcoholic stuff at pretty damn cheap prices when we were there in 02.. plus the free drinks things as well.

I loved Vegas, if you were on the ball, food, drink and accommodation were all dirt cheap.

We got around that by taking a seat at a 1c poker machine close to the bar at The Luxor. Fed $1 in for 100 credits, then played very slowly 1c at a time. The waitress saw us 'playing' the machine, so to keep us there they gave us free drinks. Vodka all night for $1. Sweet.

Yes "her indoors' developed a serious maragita addiction under similar circumstances. Since the pokies are there are crap payers, we first observed where the fastest drink girls were and choose our machine accordingly. Wynns won on our last trip.

Ah Vegas - can't wait for the next visit

A few years ago, I was in Seoul, South Korea on a business trip. I decided to take my host to the *cough* Irish Pub *cough* in the hotel where I was staying, where an actual Irish folk band was playing and they sold Guiness on tap. I bought us each a pint of Guiness and my credit card was charged forty-eight US dollars.

Damn, you guys were drinking the wrong stuff in the wrong places in vegas... we found plenty of fizzy yellow alcoholic stuff at pretty damn cheap prices when we were there in 02.. plus the free drinks things as well.

I loved Vegas, if you were on the ball, food, drink and accommodation were all dirt cheap.

Amen to that !

You certainly can do it well there if you are on the ball. In our case with the $16US bottle of water, the next cheapest place was too far away.

Gotta love Vegas though...

gary

at the guitar fest the other night we were getting pints of CPA for $5 a shot :)

i got a similar shock on wednesday... $5 pints of Crackenback in Sydney CBD (settlement bar), thats a cheap schmiddy price at most places..!! :eek:

Night footy matches at the MCG - a plastic cup of carlton mid strength is about $6.50- $7. absolute crap.

So i guess 3000 VND (vietnamese dong = $0.16) for a bia hoi (local lager.... light but better than vb/new etc) doesn't fit in this thread :p

Pok

So i guess 3000 VND (vietnamese dong = $0.16) for a bia hoi (local lager.... light but better than vb/new etc) doesn't fit in this thread :p

Pok

In 1998 Bia Hoi was served over ice for 1500 VDong. It's not monitored by any health agency so can you imagine how sanitary the conditions the beer is brewed in... And I could never taste any infection.

Ah loved that place...

Katie

I saw six pack of VB at the airport in Sydney for $39. I was so shocked, I stole the price tag to look at again the next day.

Must've been a miss print, or an evil attempt to rip off foreigners. :eek: :eek:

Back