Can I Leave My Beer In The Fermenter For 1 Month?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijax

Reaction score
Hi guys,

im leaving on a ten day holiday tommorow morning and ive got a dutch pilsner that is ready to bottle now but i simply dont have time to do it. Its been fermenting for two weeks. If i leave it in the fermenter for ten more days will it spoil or should it be ok? Im really really looking forward to this brew!!!!!!

Cheers

it should be fine infact it should benefit from it. I would try bottle it when you get back though. my last lager spent 2 weeks fermenting and 4 and a half weeks cc but I racked it off the trub to cc

Do you have another fermenter you can rack it into and a fridge you can condition it in?

Otherwise, leave it in the coldest part of the house/graden/shed/whatever and yes - if it's ok now, it should be ok then (and possibly even better)

I say leave it. Keep it in a coolish place and bottle when you get back. The miniscule risk of getting a bit of flavour from the yeast trub is better than rushing the bottling, getting an infection, and writing it off.

Done this plenty, left a brew in primary for 4 weeks or more and never had a problem.

Sure, it could mean the reduction in yeast in suspension (and thus ending up in your bottles) will possibly cause carbonation/conditioning time to increase, but this could even be a good thing.

At the least, there is less sediment in your bottles leaving for a extended primary fermentation.

Thanks so so much for the quick respones guys :icon_cheers:

Dont have time to rack into the secondary so i'll just switch off the heater and leave it. Im in Tassie so the room where the fermenter lives is about 10 degrees. Who needs a fridge!?

Cant thanks you guys enough.

:D

Probably gunna be the best beer u have made....

10deg ambient....and ur using a heater???....and making Pilsener!!! MATE.....MAAAAAAATE

get yourself some lager yeast, at those perfect temps you have it made to brew REAL lager/pilsener!!!

rendo

heaters....pffft :)

:beerbang:

Thanks so so much for the quick respones guys :icon_cheers:

Dont have time to rack into the secondary so i'll just switch off the heater and leave it. Im in Tassie so the room where the fermenter lives is about 10 degrees. Who needs a fridge!?

Cant thanks you guys enough.

Cheers for the advice Rendo. This is only my seventh kit beer but im hooked on homebrewing. So much to learn. This forum and its members are amazing, the amount of info on here is just incredible and being able to post a question and get five answers back in an hour is invaluable!

Really hope this one works out ok, loved the last brewcraft pilsner kit i pulled off.

Thanks again everyone and merry brewing!

Back