Call Of Duty - World At War - Wii

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
OK, we got a Wii and I thought the bowling and crap was OK. Bit too cartoony childish with most of the games though. Then I bought a WiiZapper and COD-WAW and oh man, my dreams have come true: being in a pack of Nazi's mowing down people with an MP40 or even better a MG44! :huh: There's a load of AU players but are there any Oz brewers out there (over 15yo) who want to play co-ops?

still have to get mine chipped so im not paying 100+ a game. love the ad for game. looks nuts.

you can get them chipped? awsome. never knew. let me where I can get this done and buy the chipped games from.

I chipped mine myself because they now have chips on clips, which means the chip is pre-soldered to a special clip, and you just clip it on the board yourself using your fingers. Really easy to do, took me about 15 minutes.

As for games well it's probably best not to talk about them here. Chipping is perfectly legal in Australia but downloading games isn't.

where did you buy your clip chip mark?

expanding on my "bricked" comment;
games like COD-WAW use a wi-fi internet connection to play against other players in real-time. the wii also connects to the nintendo server to perform updates, including checking if you've modded your wii. If so it'll make your $400 wii into a useless $400 plastic brick.
Personally, i figured WAW has given me way way way over $100 of fun, and I think I got resident evil 4 for about $50 which my gf loves. the rest of the games so far are crap.

also - check out BigW online, good prices and they have the gear in stock unlike the real BigW stores who seem to have bugger all stock and are sold out by the time you get in there.

just google "wii mod chip"s, there's heaps of online stores with clip chips instead of solder.

Fents I think I got it from ozmodchips.com or something like that.

As for bricking your Wii normally it happens when for example you have an Australian Wii and you download an American game, and that game has an update on the disk. The Wii loads the update but because it was meant to a US Wii it bricks the console.

I haven't heard about Nintendo checking for chips and intentionally bricking your machine. I really doubt that happens.

From what I understand with Wii you can play online even with a chip. It's only really XBox 360 that stops you doing that.

guys, I need Aussie drinkers to play with

guys who are willing to let their character spin around defenceless while the wiiwapper lays on the floor and you're getting another beer mid-game (10 minute games)

guys who run out and do stupid things with rocket launchers because they're too pissed TGAF.

drinkers who just want to sneak around because they're ripped as well.

I'm getting hammered by Ridalin hyped year 9 kids who run through the whole thing while texting their friends.

i have this game on xbox love it, online is the only way too play try nazi zombies in co-op i think you have to finish the game too get it

unfortunately no nazi zombies on the wii version

Anyone here playing this game on a PS3?

I haven't heard about Nintendo checking for chips and intentionally bricking your machine. I really doubt that happens.

Does happen. It is easily avoided by always having the latest local update installed via wifi. Not assuming that you do but by manually installing prior to running a downloaded game for the first time.

Which you shouldn't do as it is naughty.

Yes but do Nintendo intentionally do it?

I know about the unintentional region-based bricking.

Don't the mod chips effecitvely sit (logically) in front of the DVD drive to "fill in the blanks" when trying to load a non-original copy?? That was my understanding of how they worked. So they play more of a passive role meaning they can't easily be detected.

Also, Mario Super Strikers Charged is a cool game :D

I'd love to play COD, but my Wii died on me. No, not as a result of being modded :p

"Unintentional"?

Don't make me lol. If it were unintentional it could be prevented with a system update. But it hasn't been since day one.

Of course, I am not suggesting for a minute that Nintendo should be actively facilitating software piracy. I haven't modded my Wii and am happy to buy games for it.

You all know you can very easily soft-mod a Wii ? All you need is a small SD card (1 gb or less) a couple of downloads (75mb at the very most) and away you go!

"Unintentional"?

Don't make me lol. If it were unintentional it could be prevented with a system update. But it hasn't been since day one.

Of course, I am not suggesting for a minute that Nintendo should be actively facilitating software piracy. I haven't modded my Wii and am happy to buy games for it.

There is a massive difference between a mod chip allowing a different regions firmware updates to brick the Wii, and Nintendo intentionally releasing malicious code that disables modified machines.

Back