Byo Club Profile West Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Opened up my latest issue of BYO & noticed that the in the Club Profile Section - Perth, Western Australia was the sub heading. The article opened with the timeless colloquialism "G'day blokes & shelias!"........", WTF.

The article goes on to give a brief geography lesson on Perth & WA & confirms that "in some country towns" we do have "...kangaroos leaping down the main street" & then advises us that "mates is Oz for buddies" & features the standard "shrimp & BBQ" reference. :icon_vomit:

It's bad enough that goose up north is on the airwaves representing himself as part of the Australian brewing scene.

Fortunately the article takes a suprise turn toward some level of sophistication & outlines the formation of the club, the health of the brewing scene in WA & outlines some of the competitions held & equipment used.

I hope those in other countries got past the much outdated colloquial drivel & read about the growth of the club & health of the brewing scene in WA & maybe one day will be keen to try a micro beer from that region.

Cheers

Paul

The yanks eat those "timeless colloquialism's" up, and you've got to dumb it down for the lowest denominator ;)

im sure i read in there that if you look close enough at the harbour bride you can see koalas.

hey cobber tigger pals

i haven't even read the article yet, but i know the bloke who wrote it and knowing him i'm sure it's gold!

she'll be right, mate

rob.

p.s. i've found a pic of the author and attached it

bruce.jpg

Opened up my latest issue of BYO & noticed that the in the Club Profile Section - Perth, Western Australia was the sub heading. The article opened with the timeless colloquialism "G'day blokes & shelias!"........", WTF.

The article goes on to give a brief geography lesson on Perth & WA & confirms that "in some country towns" we do have "...kangaroos leaping down the main street" & then advises us that "mates is Oz for buddies" & features the standard "shrimp & BBQ" reference. :icon_vomit:

It's bad enough that goose up north is on the airwaves representing himself as part of the Australian brewing scene.

Fortunately the article takes a suprise turn toward some level of sophistication & outlines the formation of the club, the health of the brewing scene in WA & outlines some of the competitions held & equipment used.

I hope those in other countries got past the much outdated colloquial drivel & read about the growth of the club & health of the brewing scene in WA & maybe one day will be keen to try a micro beer from that region.

Good to see you have a sense of humour :rolleyes:

Seriously - lighten up, it's beer. We're proud of our club and micro scene over here - and that was reflected well in the article.

Just happened to also be written in a way which will keep readers interested too. Some of the club articles are incredibly boring - they may as well have all typed the same thing.

Havent read it , but judging by the way people like Jamil zainacheff dress for photo op's in the mag, ist hard to take much of it seriously, Americans love clice's, I tend to try and avoid them like the plague...pun

Latest posts

Back