Buying A Temperature Controller = Lets Buy In Bulk For Under $20

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael_aussie

Reaction score
I want to buy four temperature controllers.

I'm sure that if a group of us buy together we will all save money.

A simple search in ebay has revealed this unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The seller has told me they will sell me 4 STC-100 units for $100US.

=> I can help to wire. The total cost for 4 is 25 * 4= 100 USD. Thanks [/font]- j16188

If you have any other options please feel free to suggest.
I have no tie to this seller.
I have no preferance in what I buy other that it needs to be of reasonable quality.

Regards,
Michael.

I'm sure that if a group of us buy together we will all save money.
In this case I'm not sure that's how it will work out.
Many people have simply ordered their own via Ebay, mine ended up costing AU$31.56 - delivered.
By the time you add shared-postage from the vendor to you, and the additional postage from you to each person involved in the buy, I don't think it will be any cheaper than buying individually/directly.

In this case I'm not sure that's how it will work out.
Many people have simply ordered their own via Ebay, mine ended up costing AU$31.56 - delivered.
By the time you add shared-postage from the vendor to you, and the additional postage from you to each person involved in the buy, I don't think it will be any cheaper than buying individually/directly.
That is a valid point Wolfy.
There is no guarantee this will work.
The discount buying in bulk needs to be enough to cover the additional cost to repost within Australia.
It actually needs to be even more than that.
If buying in bulk and then posting in Australia isn't at least $10 cheaper per unit than people buying by themselves then it is not really worthwhile.
Using your $31.56 as a bench mark, this means that the delivered cost would need to be around $20.
Allowing $6 for local postage, this makes the target $14 landed from China.
Maybe an unrealistic target.

I think I may be buying these instead.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...ic=44836&hl=

Michael

Are you aware of the purpose of a tempmate-style controller as opposed to a heater?

That is a valid point Wolfy.
There is no guarantee this will work.
The discount buying in bulk needs to be enough to cover the additional cost to repost within Australia.
It actually needs to be even more than that.
If buying in bulk and then posting in Australia isn't at least $10 cheaper per unit than people buying by themselves then it is not really worthwhile.
Using your $31.56 as a bench mark, this means that the delivered cost would need to be around $20.
Allowing $6 for local postage, this makes the target $14 landed from China.
Maybe an unrealistic target.

I think I may be buying these instead.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...ic=44836&hl=

Michael

From experience these can be sourced for around $17.50 each landed in qty of around 50, goes cheaper at 100qty due to 25kg box pricing. A dual heat/cool model could be got for $30 landed in same qty or as a "mixed bag". I have had samples of these direct from a china based supplier (did pay a lot more due to the sample qty etc).

From experience these can be sourced for around $17.50 each landed in qty of around 50, goes cheaper at 100qty due to 25kg box pricing. A dual heat/cool model could be got for $30 landed in same qty or as a "mixed bag". I have had samples of these direct from a china based supplier (did pay a lot more due to the sample qty etc).
I guess it depends on finding enough people for 50 units.
I would still be interested @ $17.50 + Australian postage.

boobiedazzler said:
boobiedazzler
Are you aware of the purpose of a tempmate-style controller as opposed to a heater?
Hi Boobie,
Yes I am, thank you.
This is an important point.
I currently only need a thermostaticially controlled heater.
Who knows what I will need in the future when I become a serious beer baron.
However, a heater alone will not be enough for the more serious brewers.

Back