Burners For Ag Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneergangsta

Reaction score
Hey All,

Need a burner for my HLT, and was wondering if there is anything specific to look out for? Whats a decent price? What should i stay away from? I know alot of brewers use 3 ring burner...?

Advice?

Cheers

gday pioneergangsta
im only using a 2 ring burner at the moment till i get something better.im just boosting it along with an immersion heater.
check ashers postings under chillzilla.he posted a pic of a mean burner he bought from the usa.
looks the goods

cheers
big d

When designing my new mash setup I sat down ant thought how I could reduce the lenght of my brew day. Not wanting to encroach on mash, sparg or boil times, the only way to shorten the brewday is to heat hot liquor and cool wort quicker.....

The time youve got for heating your water is also dependant on how you brew. If you crush grain and only heat up your mash-in water while your setting up you could get away with a two ring job and let it come up to temp over an hour or so...

Ive been using a two ring burner Ii picked up from a camping shop for heating HLT and boiling wort. It does the job for 25 litre batches, but I only heat mash-in water, then do another heating of sparge water while mashing. I also try to get the flame under the boiler before Ive finished sparging so by the time Ive got my total voulume of wort its neally boiling already....

Think I paid round $50 for it...

My advice is go bigger, as you can always turn it down....

Asher for now...

Globe Imports in Adelaide sell single ring burners for $20. These work well with an LPG regulator. I can recommend them and they come with legs.

Cheers and bollocks
Mark

if you have the money buy a four ring burner, $90.

Theres a place in norwood beular rd i think.

I bought a triple ring burner from a local BBQ shop in Canberra.

$77 for the cast iron burner and LPG regulator.

Works a treat - did a Kilkenny clone with it last weekend.

TL

I bought a "turbo" burner from my local hardware, $25 and it will get a 23lt wort to boil in about 1/2 hour after the sparge. I think the burner itself was a little cheap, I have seen the same in a surplus supply in Cairns for $80. it did have quite a lot of dust! I will post a pic if you want.

Thanks for the info guys,

I got a 3-ring burner the other day, went to BBQs galore and got 20% off,
picked it up for $48.

Cheers

Ok
Will add pics of my 4 ring job
I think it was around $70 up here , you city dwellers should be able to do better
Works a treat

I build a wind gaurd , this helps a lot , I suggest you all do it

Latest posts

Back