Bunnings Flanged Nuts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive just been through bunnings, and if you remember those brass 1/2"bsp flanged nuts they used to have (the awesome ones for making weldless kits from) they're gone. all gone. and what makes it worse is that no-one at all tonight can recall selling them.

Who else on the forum has needed these and has not been able to find them? or is it that they just don't sell them at capalaba bunnings anymore?

i don't rate them mate, i've had a few split on me, but i am a strong boilermaker as opposed to a girly fitter :icon_cheers:

if you get absolutely stuck, let me know and i could post a couple

nop none, nothing, nada. bunnings are the most hopeless place to buy plumbing come to thing of it any building product. Well any decent product, and the fact they sell lattice framing in the timber yard yet the lattice panels are 500m down the other end of the shop in the nursery, is the biggest pain in the arse I have seen in my life. Its cheaper to go to a hardware store and get them to go and get the stuff and load it for you and you dont have to pull the whole rack out to find a straight bit of timber. also they know what you mean when you tell them what you have you dont have to take every product to the counter lol

Ok you prob realise I dont like bunnings haha :p

i don't rate them mate, i've had a few split on me, but i am a strong boilermaker as opposed to a girly fitter :icon_cheers:

No need for the banter mate :) i know how hard you fellers work, as i am doing my boilermaking tickets for my dual-trade thingo. thanks for the offer but a couple of hours on a CNC and i'll be right! :D

wallace,

I know $17 is alot to pay just for a flanged nut but these skin fitting come with a stainless steel one

cheers matho

edit: you can cut the end off and have a bit allthread as well

Ok you prob realise I dont like bunnings haha :p

I'm not a big fan of them any more kelby, but i somehow dont think it will stop me from "browsing" for a good couple of hours every sunday :icon_cheers:

Has anybody been searching for these? if so maybe i could knock out a couple of hundred when i make mine......... Just PM me if your keen :icon_cheers:

you tried ringing a plumbing store if they are close? they should have them as they use them on some tap fittings not sure what the size is. I still go to bunnings as they are usually the only place open when I want to get stuff. They are cheaper for retail and if you go just for yourself (not for work where time is a factor) its not bad :p I still get my timer else where or really go threw the racks at bunnings. Id try the plumbing store but ring them first. prob be quicker and cheaper then milling them

The correct term is a flanged back-nut, a standard basin pillar tap comes with one and they are sold separately, but be carefull that you are not given one for a a hob basin outlet as they are 5/8 BSP - Cheers

I got some from Tradelink, a plumbing store. A few bucks each I think.

Bunnings are cheap for the rows of pallets as you walk in.

EVERYTHING ELSE can be purchased cheaper at trade or relevant stores.

And you can get personal service from other places.

Sorry about my Bunnings rant but I am a Builder and it irks me everytime I see the photos of the "Team Members" with the label "expert" after their name when they have no industry experience in most cases.

To the OP head to Tradelink, reece or cass bros

Fight the green shed

Hey guys,

Ive just been through bunnings, and if you remember those brass 1/2"bsp flanged nuts they used to have (the awesome ones for making weldless kits from) they're gone. all gone. and what makes it worse is that no-one at all tonight can recall selling them.

Who else on the forum has needed these and has not been able to find them? or is it that they just don't sell them at capalaba bunnings anymore?

Remember them well.
Asked this question years ago at Big Green Shed\ Caloundra & was told they did not carry them any more.
Went to Tradelink (M'dore) & was told they did not stock them but it seems other tradelink stores might???
Am a big fan of these buggers but have survived with the standard washer & nut combo as opposed to 1\2" ss washer + one of these fellas.

Big tip for Bundy boilermakers -- Don't rely on your pidgeon-poop welds if your forum name starts with "Y" : Use a proper seal when you want something to be waterproof. :lol: Oh shit! It's on for young & old!
Too many Scottish Wee Heavies tonight. :lol:

TP

blackapple I know what you mean. I came from the sunshine coast where I done my apprenticeship and about 2 years as a trady and I never once, no not one time stepped foot in a bunnings. Came to newcastle and it was like go pick this and that up from bunnings. I was shocked to find that good REAL! hardware stores are hard to find. I seen there discount at bunnings it was a MASSIVE 2% lol where in QLD depending on the product that was pushed threw by the company it was about 10% seen a big account discount one day the guy was going threw the accounts and clicked one, they got 20% lol not bad. But in saying that alot of them was bought out by bigger companies they kept the staff and stock on, but not sure what the accounts got after that.

BMS in town has em.
Big grey shed similar to the green one.
3/4 as well as 1/2'

And 2% of fuckall is not much....
Ever tried to get their "we beat it by 10%" offer.
Applicable only if you are over 80 and still living with both parents and the offer is at another westfarmers owned store.

Kelbygreen,love it when I'm working up in Newkie theres some great local trade stores there.

blackapple I know what you mean. I came from the sunshine coast where I done my apprenticeship and about 2 years as a trady and I never once, no not one time stepped foot in a bunnings. Came to newcastle and it was like go pick this and that up from bunnings. I was shocked to find that good REAL! hardware stores are hard to find. I seen there discount at bunnings it was a MASSIVE 2% lol where in QLD depending on the product that was pushed threw by the company it was about 10% seen a big account discount one day the guy was going threw the accounts and clicked one, they got 20% lol not bad. But in saying that alot of them was bought out by bigger companies they kept the staff and stock on, but not sure what the accounts got after that.

kelbygreen,

As a (retired) tradesman I love your spelling & dictation mate. Should be more of it. :lol: but agree with you re Bunnings.
Where did you come from originally before you turned up here & then decided to go back?

TP

lol pete I was born in maleny, lived in peachester for about 10 years. Then lived in glasshouse mountains for 2 years, then moved to moffat beach for about 5 years, then moved to hunchy for about 3 years then to newcastle.

Yes there is still some good hardware stores here but really I havnt found a good one that stocks heaps of hardwood like you can find. I seen a mill out gunnedah looks like they cut hardwood. In peachester we lived over the road from a hardwood mill and I think its still going. Last time dad got me up there to help him out on jobs there was a place near maroochydore airport that was all they stocked

Big tip for Bundy boilermakers -- Don't rely on your pidgeon-poop welds if your forum name starts with "Y" : Use a proper seal when you want something to be waterproof. :lol: Oh shit! It's on for young & old!
Too many Scottish Wee Heavies tonight. :lol:

TP

haha :lol:

pidgeon poop ! i wish my welds were that fabulous...

i aspire to pidgeon poop, lay awake dreaming of pidgeon poop, pidgeon poop is the new tiger blood..

btw, when you worked on the ark and you had a tape that read in cubits, were you a chuck fucker or a cake tin maker :p

Yard

btw, when you worked on the ark and you had a tape that read in cubits, were you a chuck fucker or a cake tin maker
Yard

Neither of the above mate. I was the poor bugger charged with tearing the boilies from their mothers breasts every working day. :lol:
I failed dismally. :lol: :beer:

TP

PS --- Hello Broncos! Goodbye Dragons. :super:

Hey Wallace ;
If you have a Reece Plumbing up your way I bet my bottom dollar they have them . Well they do have them here in Melbourne .

Cheers
Leachim

Back