Bulk Priming Whats Your Method

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archie

Reaction score
Gday everyone,
Well I have decided to start bulk priming to get more efficient carbonation with my bottles, however what methods suit most people my last AG batch I mixed the sugar with around 250ml of water over heat and then poured it straight into my fermenter. Surely there must be a better way.
After 2 weeks in my secondary would you then transfer into a pail and place the water dextrose mix at the bottom of the pail then transferr on top of that or is there an even better way to ensure correct mix all the way through my sweet beer.

Thought ideas would be great

Cheers
Archie
:chug:

After 2 weeks in my secondary would you then transfer into a pail and place the water dextrose mix at the bottom of the pail then transferr on top of that

That's the best way to do it IMO. Just get enough hose that you can curl it at the bottom of the pail/fermenter. Then the wort will swirl around and mix everything for you. :super:

Dextrose is easy as it disolves easily, but normal sugar is fine too (and cheaper).

Cheers Stuster thats the way i will do it as we speak

Just one other point to keep in mind Archie when bulk priming like that. Make sure you bottle straight away (I'm sure you would) but if you get distracted for a little while and come back to it, the heavier sugars may sink a bit and you will get inconsistent carbonation.

Cheers.

Back