Bulk Prime Co2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicdog1

Reaction score
Hi there i was just reading up on bulk priming and looking at the bottle and bulk priming calculator and was confused as to what style to select for my brew desired co2 level ?
boags wizard smith ale
1 can black rock colonial lager
1 can black rock lme
150 grms wheat malt ,crystal 150gm
goldings hops 20g
S04 yeast
23litres

cheers sd

It is an ale so at the bottom end of the carb table from 90 to 130 grams dextrose

I do about 120g for 25Litres for my english bitters seems good for me,I bottle but its up to you're liking

Im not farmiliar with the boags wizard smith ale but I recon 120grams of dex would be a good starting point for you.

It is an ale so at the bottom end of the carb table from 90 to 130 grams dextrose

I do about 120g for 25Litres for my english bitters seems good for me,I bottle but its up to you're liking

Im not farmiliar with the boags wizard smith ale but I recon 120grams of dex would be a good starting point for you.

cheers rude! :D

My priming calculator suggests English pale ales range from 1.5 (very low) to 2.3

I wouldn't get too concerned about priming different amounts for different stylesthough
it's great that at this point in your brewing journey you at least are considering it.

Seems you are starting with bulk priming, I'd just prime it with the usual amount of dex and see how it comes out.
If it's over carbonated then when you next make that recipe or similar you can reduce the priming rate.

I find under carbing is better than over, as a jug full of foaming beer is nothing but a pain in the ar*e when you've just finished mowing the lawn and are hanging for a beer. I also recently recarbed a batch that was under-carbed, I opened each bottle andd sqirted a few mils of sugar and recapped, turned out not only possible but fairly easy as well.

I find under carbing is better than over

Depends if you are using PET bottles then overcarbing is better as you can loosen the top to release pressure.

Reckon about 130g dex for 23 litres wont be far off.

Actually had the real thing the other day after a Boags brewery tour.

Back