Bulk Grain Buy - Illawarra Area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bats

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone in the Wollongong or Illawarra area that buy their grain in bulk and if so, where from?

I'm still buying grain from my LHBS but obviously buying somewhere in bulk will be much cheaper in the long run.

Is there somewhere local or in the Sydney area where I can stock up?

The Brew shop at Peakhurst or Kirrawee Home Brew do bulk grain. Give em a ring. :beerbang:

Just wondering if there is anyone in the Wollongong or Illawarra area that buy their grain in bulk and if so, where from?

I'm still buying grain from my LHBS but obviously buying somewhere in bulk will be much cheaper in the long run.

Yes there is, we get a pallet together every 6 months or so.

cheers

grant

Mate ESB has some pretty attractive prices for full bags for some grains. No affiliation etc....

Hey Bats,
I'm guessing your LHBS is Woonona?....can you tell me, is he doing a good deal on grain buys?

I'm onto another shop at the moment that really wants my business....I'm getting live wort kits for $33, Saf yeasts for $4.50, 3kg esb complete tins for $27 and he's promised to beat anyones price on grain!

...I'm starting on the bigger orders while the goings good! :beerbang:

Hey Bats,
I'm guessing your LHBS is Woonona?....can you tell me, is he doing a good deal on grain buys?

I'm onto another shop at the moment that really wants my business....I'm getting live wort kits for $33, Saf yeasts for $4.50, 3kg esb complete tins for $27 and he's promised to beat anyones price on grain!

...I'm starting on the bigger orders while the goings good! :beerbang:

Hey mate, Where's this?

The only other place I can think of is all things brewing in Albion park. If he can match craftbrewers price on grain I'll be heading there on the weekend!!

The only other place I can think of is all things brewing in Albion park. If he can match craftbrewers price on grain I'll be heading there on the weekend!!

Ha,ha....i've been there, he's only interested in selling the 250g packs. Must be more money in kits <_<

Ha,ha....i've been there, he's only interested in selling the 250g packs. Must be more money in kits <_<

a lot of us will use both All Things Brewing and Northern Brewer for bits and pieces stuff (gas refills for me) but their main slant is not for the likes of the all grain brewer. That said, both businesses sponsor beer related events and the husband/wife teams in both shops are great people (crawl, suck). They are what they are.

When you get more serious, it pays to look about.

a lot of us will use both All Things Brewing and Northern Brewer for bits and pieces stuff (gas refills for me) but their main slant is not for the likes of the all grain brewer. That said, both businesses sponsor beer related events and the husband/wife teams in both shops are great people (crawl, suck). They are what they are.

When you get more serious, it pays to look about.

I agree, they're both good to talk to...especially that fella up north!

Tough competition out there nowdays. It's so easy to seach online and pick up a bargain with the good shops througout Australia and have it delivered sometimes, the very next day. Though I would prefer to support the local.

I can be a bit of a haggler when it comes to prices....when i started brewing in QLD i remember the guy was just happy to sell me the most expensive stuff, even S-23 in the middle of summer. I remember also how the car he drove eventually turned into something European and $$$....now I can't be a part of that! :lol:

Also would be interested in finding somewhere local I can get decent quantities of grain from!

Back