British Ale 2011 Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyd

Reaction score
G'day All!

Well, the results are in, and a big congratulations to all who entered, but especially to our two champions:

Category 1 (Dark Ales): Fergus McGregor (Westgate Brewers)
Category 2 (Bitters) : Brendan Guild (Melbourne Brewers)

The full results are available on CompMaster here, and scoresheets are now available for download.

To all stewards and Judges, thank you all for your assistance in making today a very successful event. You will be able to access the scoresheets your wrote tomorrow once I create the links back to your CompMaster users. If you haven't registered yet, just jump on and send me a note for me to connect the dots...

And to our organisers Brendan and Richard - congrats to you both and thanks heaps for your continued and dedicated support of our hobby.

One last note for Clinton and Dwayne - Guys, please shoot me a PM, because your beers were not in the pool of beers collected from drop-off points.

Cheers!

Andy

Results link is here (since Andy forgot the hyperlink).

Congrats to both the winners and everyone who participated, from my perspective (pouring the beers in the Dark category) I thought the over-all standard of the entries was quite high this year.

Congrats Ferg and Brendan well done.

Great job MB for putting on a great comp!!

Just to echo Andy's words, a big thanks to all who supported the comp by either beig part of the team as a judge, steward or comp staff, entered a beer or just came down to check out the comp - these comps can't happen without this kind of support - so thankyou all.

As always, a massive thanks to Brad and Gypsy for letting us take over Oscar's Alehouse yet again - if you haven't been there yet and find yourself in the area it is definitely worth your while to drop in and enjoy some great craft beer in a relaxed atmosphere (family friendly too).

And finally congrats to all who took home the bacon in this one - top work Ferg, I am sure it was a challenge getting down to G&G in your sleep deprived state, but well worth the effort mate!!

Remember guys - plenty of comps coming up in the next few months with Stout Extravaganza, Pale Ale Mania and Oktoberfest in the lead up to VicBrew - so get your entries ready and if you can help out be sure to let organizers know.

Cheers

Brendo

Wohoo, well done Ferg & Brendo, thanks to all the organisers jugdes & stewarts, sponsors etc.

Results link is here (since Andy forgot the hyperlink).

Congrats to both the winners and everyone who participated, from my perspective (pouring the beers in the Dark category) I thought the over-all standard of the entries was quite high this year.

It was late... :)

BTW - you need to have the British Ales competition selected to get your results for that (in the "Entry Tools" block on the left hand side). I'll be making that a bit more intuitive, but for now that's the way it is...

Judging links are up for those who I found CM accounts for - for the others, let me know when you've created one and I'll link it across.

Andy

Bloody Hell...
What can I say...
Very humbled......
I didn't even cross my mind ,to think that the beer was worthy of a win , in such esteemed company...I must hide that keg of it lol
Had a disasterous night with the little bloke last night , and this makes me feel a whole lot better...
:beer:
Thanks to MB , for giving us Brit Ales tragics somewhere to get some feedback... And to all the judges , stewards , sponsors etc...
Westagte has now placed a first in the last few comp's , which we are very happy about !
We had own club beer comp yesterday and that was a bit of a disaster :ph34r: no wins there lol
Thanks again
Cheers
Ferg
ps...
Next comp on the Vicbrew calendar is Westgate's Stout Extravaganza , in July.
Westgate's Stout comp details !
ps
Andy , how do i get to see the judges comments , not the the results ? Cheers . F

Bloody Hell...
What can I say...
Very humbled......
I didn't even cross my mind ,to think that the beer was worthy of a win , in such esteemed company...I must hide that keg of it lol
Had a disasterous night with the little bloke last night , and this makes me feel a whole lot better...
:beer:
Thanks to MB , for giving us Brit Ales tragics somewhere to get some feedback... And to all the judges , stewards , sponsors etc...
Westagte has now placed a first in the last few comp's , which we are very happy about !
We had own club beer comp yesterday and that was a bit of a disaster :ph34r: no wins there lol
Thanks again
Cheers
Ferg
ps...
Next comp on the Vicbrew calendar is Westgate's Stout Extravaganza , in July.
Westgate's Stout comp details !
ps
Andy , how do i get to see the judges comments , not the the results ? Cheers . F

Congrats Ferg!

In the "Entry Tools" block there is a link "My Results". Like I said, make sure you have the British Ale competition selected (check the page banner)

Andy

+1 to all the above comments.A great day,great pub,great beer :icon_cheers: Congrats to all :super:

Andy ,
Sorry mate.. Can only see results for Beerfest , when I click on the suggested buttons
Sorry...got it...thanks guys...i got to bed at 3 this morning after the little fella decided to stay away ...and his mum needs to sleep..so i stayed up trying to soothe him...so have baby brain today !
Cheers guys
Ferg

Andy ,
Sorry mate.. Can only see results for Beerfest , when I click on the suggested buttons

Thanks for the heads up Ferg,

Click on the "Select another comp" link in the Competition Info block, then pick British Ales 2011.

It seemed like a good way to do things at the time (i.e. partition everything off into different competitions and have them encapsulated, but as more comps get added I can see this is going to be cumbersome in the long run.

More updates ;)

Andy

Andy ,
Sorry...got it...thanks guys...i got to bed at 3 this morning after the little fella decided to stay away ...and his mum needs to sleep..so i stayed up trying to soothe him...so have baby brain today !
Cheers guys
Ferg
Good work Ferg. Congratulations on the win.

:icon_offtopic: completely OT. Check this out. As a parent of evil non sleeping children it made me laugh.

29 entries only. Which is less than last year. Less a strong beer category.

Why were the numbers down guys? no interest, no paypal, no visa, luddite, ?

Only a guess, people like brewing and entering their best beers when all is fair. This didnt happen and the entries reflect that.

Hope it comes back to the homebrewer next year!

Congratulations Ferg and Brendo.

Latest posts

Back