• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[Brisbane] 19L pin-lock cornies - $29.50 ea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gumtree add lists Brisbane as address and thought it was appropriate to list as Brisbane. In hindsight, I probably could have dropped that from the subject.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from gumtree unless I could pick up personally and pay C.O.D.

Have emailed, will let you all know what they are like when (if) I pick up.

grantb said:
Gumtree add lists Brisbane as address and thought it was appropriate to list as Brisbane. In hindsight, I probably could have dropped that from the subject.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from gumtree unless I could pick up personally and pay C.O.D.
I think he means he would like them to be more local so he could buy some. Adding Bris to the subject title was helpful.

manticle said:
I think he means he would like them to be more local so he could buy some. Adding Bris to the subject title was helpful.

Ahhh, touché!

Any major difference between the ball and these? Other than the connects

jonnir said:
Any major difference between the ball and these? Other than the connects
Ball lock kegs are 75mm taller and 25mm less in diameter than pinlocks. Some pinlocks come without manual pressure relief valves in the lids. Got to say a real bargain at $29.50 Must be a dealer not a homebrewer if he has so many.

My biggest gripe with pin locks is they are fatter, hence shorter. However this only allows two kegs in a typical manufacture purchased kegerator. 3 ball lock kegs fit no problems and 3 is better than 2. If height is an issue, sure pin lock otherwise hang out for a bargain on ball locks. They come up. I got mine for $30 each :)

They can also be converted to ball lock - Pine River's P.U.B.S. own a couple for club brews. I was impressed by how robust they are. If this is a genuine offer and the kegs are ok, it would pay somebody financial to buy the lot and on sell them for $45 for their trouble, and keep the whole lot within the fellowship.

IIRC there was another such bulk buy recently in another state (WA maybe?) off Gumtree, and that went off like a house on fire. Hopefully one of those guys will pop up here, or do a search (can I still say that?) :unsure:

Bribie G said:
If this is a genuine offer and the kegs are ok, it would pay somebody financial to buy the lot and on sell them for $45 for their trouble, and keep the whole lot within the fellowship.
I am prepared to do this myself if I can get the numbers to buy them back off me. I had no problems selling my last bunch of pin locks. In fact I was fending off the phone calls from gumtree... was tedious in the end.

Rang the guy yesterday. He's having "family time" down the Gold Coast this weekend and won't deal with anyone until Monday.

So why the feck put the ad up on Friday then?? He wasn't the happiest chap on the phone either.

How feasible/simple is it to convert pin lock to ball lock?

In theory all you really need is to have a beer line quick disconnect so keg>pinlock or ball lock post>disconnect of any type>beer line>quick disconnect>beer line to taps. In doing so you can have kegs of any post type circulating in your system. You will just have keg disconnects with a small amount of beer line on them with a quick dosconnect on the other end to snap onto your beer line to your taps.

Cube is absolutely right. I've been researching the conversion and frankly a few John Guest style fittings is a lot easier and cheaper than the alternatives. I've even been advised to cut my losses and sell the kegs but with a few disconnects, I'm done.

Back