Bridge Road Brewers Saison

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
Was at Swords at the Vic Market yesterday and managed to pick up a 750ml champagne bottle of this.

Haven't tried it yet (has anybody?) because the lees have been stirred up in the bottle. 6% alcohol.

Good to see some local micros having a crack at the style. I'll let you know what I think. :)

Warren -

Yeah I've had it. It's pretty good. Not great, but well done. It's fairly similar to Barking Duck. Kinda like Saison Dupont without the hop presence. I had it about a month ago and thought it might've benefited from a bit more time in the bottle, so perhaps yours will be even better.

That said, you can buy Dupont for a couple of bucks cheaper...

Good to see the local boys doing something different. Apparently Mountain Goat is doing an IIPA soon too.

Yeah I've had it. It's pretty good. Not great, but well done. It's fairly similar to Barking Duck. Kinda like Saison Dupont without the hop presence. I had it about a month ago and thought it might've benefited from a bit more time in the bottle, so perhaps yours will be even better.

That said, you can buy Dupont for a couple of bucks cheaper...

Good to see the local boys doing something different. Apparently Mountain Goat is doing an IIPA soon too.

Thanks for the heads up MN... Will be interested to compare it with my own which is drinking quite similar to Dupont ATM.

Was pleasantly surprised when I went past Swords to the amount of local stuff on show. :) Wouldn't have dreamed about it 5 years ago or so. There's even somebody doing boutique Cider and Perry in 750ml champagne bottles. Might grab some next time I'm there. :beerbang:

Warren -

Yeah that Swords is pretty good - it seems like they get beers a lot quicker than other places - for instance I don't think Temple Pale Ale or Wils White are available at any of the other 'major' places around town. Yet another reason to hang out at the Vic Market!

The Henry of Harcourt ciders are pretty good. The Kingston Black is probably my favourite. The regular ones are a little plain, IMO.

They also seem to have exclusive access to Jamieson's The Beast and 3 Ravens White, which are both quite good.

Yeah that Swords is pretty good - it seems like they get beers a lot quicker than other places - for instance I don't think Temple Pale Ale or Wils White are available at any of the other 'major' places around town. Yet another reason to hang out at the Vic Market!

The Henry of Harcourt ciders are pretty good. The Kingston Black is probably my favourite. The regular ones are a little plain, IMO.

They also seem to have exclusive access to Jamieson's The Beast and 3 Ravens White, which are both quite good.

:lol: Maybe we'll bump into each other at the Vic one day Mal... I'll be the one doing the slow walk up to Swords and drooling at every deli on the way. The Vic delis always make me hungry no matter how (self-abused) crook I am. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Recently had some with the brewer him self at beecthworth worth a look at hte new site
very dry finnish couldnt put my nose on the aroma any body help

Back