Brewsta 0.1 Launched - Ahb Scoop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sosman & others
I have to confess that I am something of a technological luddite but I can not work out how to download this programme.
I am on windows XP Professional.
Every time I click on the version 2.6 download it brings up a list of files that I should look at & then tells me that I may need some other programme to run it.
Am I missing something or is there some easy way of getting this going?
Jim

Jim - Perth said:
I have to confess that I am something of a technological luddite but I can not work out how to download this programme.
I am on windows XP Professional.
Every time I click on the version 2.6 download it brings up a list of files that I should look at & then tells me that I may need some other programme to run it.
Am I missing something or is there some easy way of getting this going?
[post="72392"][/post]​
Pic the biggest number file at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=126146 (currently 324
Your browser should arrange it so you can save it to disk. Then you should be able to install it.

Looks good sos.
It already does the really important stuff, so long as you know something about your desired style, and the type of ingredients required, you can fine tune the brew.

Couldn't find python 2.6 to download tho... and was a little concerned that the brewsta program itself was listed under python 2.6, with the 2.4 stuff having been superceded... still worked under 2.4 tho.

dreamboat

sosman said:
JM,

I haven't tried it on a Mac but I believe python and wxWindows are supported so in theory it should work. I have tested it on Linux and Windows.

You will need to install a recent version of python (I suggest 2.3) and wxWindows 2.4. Then you will need to run brewsta.py. If none of that means anything then I will have to get hold of a mac to try it.

The prepackaged installer will only work for MS Windows.

cheers
[post="38034"][/post]​

I might be able to help here, my girlfriends fairly python proficient and I've just taken delivery of a new Apple laptop for her so I'd be more than happy to test it out for other Mac users out there.

Latest posts

Back