Brewing Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried running Brewmate on my Mac and didn't have any luck... but I'm not sure if I took the right steps to run in mono?

Used my work PC instead and I found it simple and helpful.

Hey Guys,

I'm sure I saw recently some info about kit info to use in beersmith. Anyone remember or know where I could get them so I can use it for just kit brewing for now.

Thanks
Goldy

Not an exact science, actually total guesswork, I added the Coopers Kits to Beersmith. They kinda worked for me before I went AG (still use occasionally when making up kits and bits for friends.

Just open attached file with Beersmith
Drag kits you want into Grains and Extracts
Add kit you require to recipe
Make weight 1.7kg (representing 1 whole tin)
When made up to a volume of 22litres, this gave me a close representation of Cooper's quoted Colour and Bitterness

Once again, it seemed to work out OK for me, if it doesn't for you, don't sue :icon_cheers:

View attachment CoopersKits.bsm

Awesome, thanks Barley Belly.

Have thrown it into beersmith now.

Cheers
Goldy

BrewMate was written in .NET so should run on a Mac or Linux under Mono (tho i haven't given it any real world testing)
I could easily cross platform it if the need ever eventuated.

Rob.

Ok I downloaded it and had a bit of a play, just 1 question.

Why do you have the colour in SRM and the yield in PPPG, all American units?

All the malt sold in Australia is specified and sold in EBC and percent yield.

Looks like a fairly useful little tool otherwise, just can't see the point in working in irrational units when the metric ones are so much easier.

MHB

Looks like a fairly useful little tool otherwise, just can't see the point in working in irrational units when the metric ones are so much easier.

MHB

Hey MHB,

Sorry for the late reply, i was on my Honeymoon :eek:

Thanks for taking the time to check out BrewMate and for the useful feedback, I will add a toggle for EBC and Percentage Yield to the //TODO list for BrewMate.

Rob.

MHB

Mark, it's BETA and is open to suggestion re development

Hey MHB,

Thanks for taking the time to check out BrewMate and for the useful feedback, I will add a toggle for EBC and Percentage Yield to the //TODO list for BrewMate.

Rob.

And this typical response is why I believe it will eventually be a great app.

Screwy

Hey MHB,

Rob.

Geez Rob, that's a pretty weak excuse. Letting a wedding/honeymoon get in the way of beery pursuits is not acceptable. Seriously though, congratulations on the software. Oh, and the nuptials as well.

Back