Brewing Network Poll

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone listening to The Brewing Network?

• I have never listened.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have listened once.

• I try to listen whenever possible.

• I never miss a show!

• I'm not wearing any pants.

• Total voters

BeerPal

Reaction score
We are trying to gauge how many Brewing Network listeners we have in Oz. If you do or have listened, please feel free to comment or criticize. Thanks.

I listen every week, either live, or after recording one of the reruns later in the week.
Love the show.
Can't get the chat to work though; probably because of my works firewall.

Doc

Not heard it yet, guess I should give it a go...

Ive listend every week, and love it......I very highly recommend it to anyone who want to more education in brewing.......

ozbrewer said:
Ive listend every week, and love it......I very highly recommend it to anyone who want to more education in brewing.......
[post="66939"][/post]​

Hey Oz, Matt here. I was the chat room moderator during the show yesterday. Thanks for all your great input during the show. It was a good one, wasn't it?

"Dickcheese Lambic"

Man, we got a laugh out of that in the studio! ;-)

yeah it was a ripper, i cant wait for the replay so i can try and rip it so i can listen to it at work of a night...

I would like to listen but however I have twice tried to connect as per the instructions on the original thread on this site and was unable to do so. :angry:

In all honesty it would be easier for me to drive to Queensland and sit in at the studio audience than to try to use the "carrier pidgeon" type internet connection that the government and telstra seem to think is quite adequate in my area.

A recent petition that our community signed regarding broadband only resulted in the service being supplied to a town that is 25kls from us and now we are all lead to believe that we may not get broadband at all. :angry:

Sorry about the rant but the inequality that exists between country areas, regional centres and capital cities is nothing short of being criminal. :ph34r:

Cheers

I have not had an opportunity to listen.

It would be nice if it was made available as a podcast - It has been promised but yet to be delivered.

dicko said:
In all honesty it would be easier for me to drive to Queensland and sit in at the studio audience than to try to use the "carrier pidgeon" type internet connection that the government and telstra seem to think is quite adequate in my area.
[post="66945"][/post]​

Well, it would be even harder than that. The webcast originates from a studio in the San Francisco Bay Area.

markws said:
I have not had an opportunity to listen.

It would be nice if it was made available as a podcast - It has been promised but yet to be delivered.
[post="66951"][/post]​

Podcasts are sort of on the back burner for the moment. There is the new web site to get up and running and the archiving of past shows to be made available for downloading there. Once all that has been acheived, then podcasting can be looked at.

I'm one of those slack ones who hasn't listened but keeps meaning to.
Can you post the site link again to help out we lazy ones?

Thanks to ozbrewer who saved them I was listening to the Hop one the other night, and have downloaded the mashing one and was listening to it last night. Will have to try putting hops into my pillowcase onetime :lol:
And was that a reference to our Doc here at AHB?

good stuff guys, keep it up.

Hoops

I have a downloaded copy of one of the broadcasts which I must listen too. If the place I was living at could get broadband (f@#k it) I would certainly be tuning in :(

I am internet challenged at home these days.

well, i havent listened yet. mostly because i have heard another brewing radio show and it was really low info, high commercial stuff. basically an ad for certain products and not much on brewer education. this one sounds good going by what they others have said so i will probably give it a shot.
joe

fstbttms said:
Podcasts are sort of on the back burner for the moment. There is the new web site to get up and running and the archiving of past shows to be made available for downloading there. Once all that has been acheived, then podcasting can be looked at.
[post="66954"][/post]​

IMHO you should really reconsider that. Podcasts are the ideal way to distribute something like this. Something with such a specific topic made available and easy to download when we want to listen to it, it just makes sense.

There is also the extra promotional opportunities in iTunes and sites like podcastalley.com. Any radio I listen to now is via podcasts.

That said you guys are doing a good job I just don't have the opportunity to listen at broadcast time. It has been problematic getting it to work on my Linux system anyway.

fstbttms said:
dicko said:
[post="66945"][/post]​

Well, it would be even harder than that. The webcast originates from a studio in the San Francisco Bay Area.
[post="66953"][/post]​

Well I apologise if I inadvertently confused you with the Aussie broadcast which in all reality, in my area, is just as difficult to listen to on the net as a broadcast from San Francisco or England or Iraq for that matter.

I wish you well with your broadcast and radio show as I do with the Aussie version and one day or maybe I should say, "once upon a time" in the future, citizens like myself wont be penalised by the unfairness of the provision of an internet service based on locality.

Cheers

joecast said:
well, i havent listened yet. mostly because i have heard another brewing radio show and it was really low info, high commercial stuff. basically an ad for certain products and not much on brewer education. this one sounds good going by what they others have said so i will probably give it a shot.
joe
[post="66999"][/post]​

its nothing like that at all, i think the on "commercial" i have heard is for B3 but its more of a plug as they are the major...maybe only...sponsor.....

This show is fantastic,

fstbttms said:
We are trying to gauge how many Brewing Network listeners we have in Oz. If you do or have listened, please feel free to comment or criticize. Thanks.
[post="66923"][/post]​
I have not listened to date, but my interest is aroused and I shall do so shortly.

PeterS....

Sorry fstbttms I voted before I realized what your where trying to gage. Take out one vote for listen when I can. I like to look around here to see how people are doing stuff outside the states.

Travis

Back