Brewing in Lennox Head, NSW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandybits

Reaction score
Howdy all, I was a member here a few years back when I tried brewing for the second time (the first was when I was 14 and I was brewing my step fathers kit). Didn't do much with that membership and hoping to do more this time.

I dusted off the home brew kits and put down a few brews ready for xmas.

Just trying the recipes off the Coopers site. An "Authentic IPA" and standard Cerveza. I figured this will give me a good idea over a broad range.

The only difference I made was to the Authentic IPA to which I used a rehydrated Brew Cellar English Ale yeast. I figured from the research that it would need more yeast to get the job done. And also this would add even more flavour. I'm sure this beer will blow my head off as I'm not used to such strong beer.

The Cerveza was as per the instructions.

They are currently sitting in an old fridge which is turned off. I just shot them with the temp gun. The authentic is 23c and bubbling every 5 seconds. The cerveza is 21c and not doing much yet. I might actually have to turn the fridge on and finally wire up that temp controller. I guess I am aiming for 18-20c (although I read the cerveza was using a lager yeast so maybe sticking around 18c might be best - I really don't know).

Anyway, hello.

Back