Brew Newb From Minnesota Usa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freezkat

Reaction score
Hello Folks, I'm Bob. I just got back into homebrewing. It started with my sons receiving a root beer kit from their grandmother. That caused me to rethink the nasty beer I am drinking and how much it costs.

20 years ago I was making all the Coopers Kits and had a great time with it. I have more patients now and would like to do some more complex beers. I was hoping to experiment with the kits and see what happens. I couldn't think of any better place to ask advice than from the good brewers of Australia...

Auf Wiederhren Mates! (as a new guy...especially an American, am I allowed to use that Mate-thing yet? I'm not too certain on that protocol)

(yes I know that Australia isn't between Italy and Germany.)

Welcome aboard mate, there's a heap of info in the kit's & bits section of the forum, which should keep you going for a while, untill you get the bug that is :lol: . Most of us here are more than happy to answer any specific question you have though regardless. Have you put any brews down yet? I find the Coopers brewmaster selection kits to be quite good, though there's a few really good standard ones, like the Real Ale, Dark Ale, Stout, actually, they're all pretty good with a few small additions to them :icon_drool2: . My first suggestion would be to ditch the sugar and use either a brew enhancer or malt extract.

Auf Wiederhren Mates! (as a new guy...especially an American, am I allowed to use that Mate-thing yet? I'm not too certain on that protocol)

Of course. I don't know about that Kraut rubbish before it though :p

Welcome aboard, you'll find plenty of good information and advice on this site.

If you have the patience, the time and a few hundred dollars, you could skip the whole can concept and go straight for All-Grain brewing as your re-introduction to the hobby. You will end up with markedly better beers for a bit of extra work, and no extra per-brew costs.

20 years ago I was making all the Coopers Kits and had a great time with it. I have more patients now and would like to do some more complex beers. I was hoping to experiment with the kits and see what happens. I couldn't think of any better place to ask advice than from the good brewers of Australia...

Let me read that....

20 Years ago you made Coopers kits.

You now have more patients than you used to!!

Now you wanna do more complex beers and create even more patients!!!

You are asking advice from Aussies because we must do that well over here <_<

hehe... guess ur a doctor of Beer :p

PS: Herzlich Wilkommen und haben sie lots of beer

Let me read that....

20 Years ago you made Coopers kits.

You now have more patients than you used to!!

Now you wanna do more complex beers and create even more patients!!!

You are asking advice from Aussies because we must do that well over here <_<

hehe... guess ur a doctor of Beer :p

PS: Herzlich Wilkommen und haben sie lots of beer
Coopers is Australian correct? I bet Australians have experimented with Coopers more than anyone. Why would I ask the Flemish about making Stroganoff, Argentinians about Haggis or Italians about Poi? I say go to the source.

Patients... I love autocomplete :lol:

Back