Brew In A Pumpkin!?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devo

Str8outtaCoburg
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has stumble across this before....but :blink:

http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/b...o-brew-bee.html

pumpkin.jpg

if you look at brewboard.com right around the hallowe'en timeframe you'll see heaps of posts and pics too. everything from mashing in them, to fermenting in them. Just too hard to get a good sized pumpkin here, or at least in my trawls through the Melbin markets anyway.

oh no keep this quiet Pumpy might give it a go

Franko

Where do you put the gravel?

But can one brew in a bag in a pumpkin?

reVox

When is the season to plant pumpkins? I think this is the only way to get one big enough here

Ha Ha Devo ,

My Mum used to make a lot of homemade wine , i often remember , I hade an allotment which was a piece of land one rented at a low price to grow vegetables , I was hopless at growing things but the Italian man next to me grew so much he could not eat so felt sorry for me and gave me heaps

he gave me marrow which are like a huge great Zuchinni never seen them in Aus .

anyway I took them home to my Mum and she cut them open put raisins and stuff in them and fermented them , I was quite happy to try her wine but this one was not very nice at all ,

Whist the Americans make Pumpkin beer I think any addittion of Pumpkin to beer should be a small one

Pumpy :)

Whist the Americans make Pumpkin beer I think any addittion of Pumpkin to beer should be a small one

Pumpy :)

Yeah, but all those spices they put in there and the tinned wotnot is just not right.

If you roast the pumpkin before chopping it up very fine and adding it to the mash, some rather interesting flavours result. I've done it with Jarrahdale.

On th website of one of the US craft breweries (I think it was rogue or dogfishhead ?? not sure) they have a video of a pumpkin randal... they jam a beer line into one side of the pumpkin on a spike, then a beer out line with a picnic tap on the other side - and plug in a keg of pale ale. In a very short period of time, the pumpkin fill up and pumpkin infused beer comes out the tap. Which they try and pronounce interesting and not unpleasant..

That shit is just weird

I have always put it down to sheep mentality,

That is, "he did it and said it was nice so i will do it too". Bit of fun but nothing else. Pumpkin is for eating.

cheers

Darren

Hey Guest Lurker,

Still waiting for my barleywine 8)

cheers

Darren

Latest posts

Back