Brew In A Bag Recipes - Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The King of Spain

Reaction score
I've read the thread started by PistolPatch and Ross (great stuff guys and those that helped with the excel sheets). I've been shopping for a bigger boiler and I am now ready to go.

I like the look of the dark larger clone except but I already have an extract brew I did last weekend of same style. Anyone got a suggestion for a bitter or pale ale styled beer, or for that matter any BIAB recipe I can file.

I like the idea of using a safale type yeast as I'm not realy the patient type even though I have a fridge for fermenting.

I've read the thread started by PistolPatch and Ross (great stuff guys and those that helped with the excel sheets). I've been shopping for a bigger boiler and I am now ready to go.

I like the look of the dark larger clone except but I already have an extract brew I did last weekend of same style. Anyone got a suggestion for a bitter or pale ale styled beer, or for that matter any BIAB recipe I can file.

I like the idea of using a safale type yeast as I'm not realy the patient type even though I have a fridge for fermenting.

Deaves,

Just look in the recipe section of this site - many marvelous brews to choose from - pick anyone that takes your fancy. If you need a bit of help - pm me....

cheers Ross

If you are doing BIAB, you can do any AG recipe. Have a look in the recipe section or have a search for the style you like. Maybe the style of the week sections on bock, schwarzbier and so on. :rolleyes:

If you want a dark lager but can't wait, US56 will work well.

Thanks

I'd didn't realise I could use the same recipes. No logical reason - full Ag just looks so complicate to me.

Great to see you diving into AG Deaves.

As the guys say, all the AG recipes should work fine with BIAB. So far I and a few others can't taste any difference so it's certainly a very safe, simple and easy way to AG. vjval1974 and myself are going to do a few side by side brews using both BIAB and batch-sparging and then hand a few bottles out to several brewers and judges to see if there are any flaws in the method. There are certainly no obvious ones to date.

I'm with you on brewing a fast brew. Stick with dried yeasts for now. If you have a kegging set-up, there are plenty of beers you can brew today and taste ten days later or less. (I had 3 of these the other day that were only 7 days old!) With the bottling you will of course have to add a few weeks or more.

This will speed up the process of you finding beers you like. Once you have one or two recipes you're happy with, then you might like to throw down a lager or something else that requires a little more care and see if you think the results are worth the extra effort.

Good to see you getting in there and keeping it simple. Will look forward to hearing how you go Deaves.

All the best,
PP

Ditto to the above, Deaves ...
Just have a squiz in the recipe section, choose one you like, order the grains through MAB or Craftbrewer (if you're not handy to a HBS) ...the grains will come pre-cracked if you wish.

Open up one of those excel docs, substitute the recipe info in the appropriate places, print it out and follow it to brew your beer!

Once you get the first one down, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!! ;)

PM one of us if you get confused ...

Good Luck and ...Get brewing!!

Thanks

I'd didn't realise I could use the same recipes. No logical reason - full Ag just looks so complicate to me.

Hey Deaves - AG isnt really that complicated. I thought it was so I shied away from it for years. I think I am on to about my 7th or 8th ag batch now and I have to say its really pretty easy. Only thing is you may need to lash out a bit more on equipment - with regard to the taste of 'em - it is definately worth the extra time, all my mates who have tried what I have made (so far) have said "Thats just like a bought one" lol though maybe I should be offended by that :D

Have a go - if it screws up learn from it and move on

Back