Brew Goliath

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
promoting other business' on there personal board is wrong. Though i think constructive critism isn't.

Wedge,
Spot on, and one other thing is good competition is also healthy.
It keeps every one on there toes business wise and provides all of us with a better service in the end.
Cheers

I am also a happy customer at Brew Goliath. I dropped in to see Dave on Saturday and drop off a bottle of SFPA. He gave me 50 grams of Amarillo hops to try out at no charge. What a legend. B) So they were used as bittering hops in Saturdays brew :)
Well done Dave and Mark.

Cheers and bollocks
TDA

well I will be checking out the shop while in Adelaide , will have a look in JM's and Grumpys as well , wants stock up on some hops

Anyone want to meet the Batz at Grumpys?
Would be a midweeker

G'Day Batz,
Saw your post on Goliaths tonight and yep, I'll be there.
Let me know the days you are goin to the different places and I will try to be there or maybe even go with you if suitable.
Middle of the week is no problem (self employed ) so I have unpaid holidays whenever i can. will meet you at Grumpys.
Email, or PM when you know where you will be.

:chug: :chug:

I guess they are not particularly impressed that "their" board (used to advertise their store) is being used to mention and recommend other competing HBS.
The discussion board has worked really well for them, that's where I got started.

Well maybe there is something in that. The board "has worked well for them", now it seems (at least from the comments here) that they are pissing quite a few people off. My guess is that their censorship is doing more harm than good. Its a double whammy if their customer service has dropped off at the same time.

you have to respect the fact that it's a private board for a business.
I guess it depends on your definition of private. I have made a couple of posts there and all I needed was a name and email address. They have loaded forum software on their server - just what did they expect?

That's why this board rocks-post/recommend what you want.
Exactly. And that's why I aren't likely to make any more posts at Grumpy's. Life is too short and there are more than enough forums to go around. Recommend a.h.b to all your friends.

Gday All

Maybe its time for forums to dissappear from say grumpy's etc due to the fact these guys really dont have the time to moderate such boards and set out forum guidelines..

I agree that i think a forum revamp at grumpys or other business forums is prolly well in order and have some Moderators that are prepared to overlook the forums to take stress of the forum so that they can actually concentrate on their business.

B.B.B has really hit the Nail on the head that grumpys is in real need of a re vamp of a board and people need to be registered in my opinion and to be registered with their own isp email... not to be registered under a free email eg hotmail,yahoo etc. This i protects everyone and the site owner that everyperson is basically legitmate as not many post gremlins and spam people would sign up under there own isp just to spam a site...

Also a confirmation email to the new registered member to be sent out and the member doesnt have to respond but its just an email to see wether it is a legitamate email address the person has used and if it bounces back to the the forum administrator or site owners email address then person is blacklisted basically unless of coarse that person emails or gets in contact with site owner or administrator to explain why it bounced

anyway i enjoy reading these forums as much as i enjoy grumpies i have learned alot from reading what you guys have said here in these forums and i also have learned alot from grumpies and goliaths forums

Anyway i am just babbling on now and wont bore yas anymore and lets enjoy all forums as they are intended to be

cheers and beers

ozdevil

P.S not trying to get anyones backs up or offended anyone in what i have posted and not having a shot at any business

daves a legend alright.scored a free sample of amarillo as well which is what ive been chasing.also has given me artanhum and simcoe.he will get my hop bucks on my next order.
let us know how your brew with amarillo went/turns out tda.
im planning on a apa recipe hip hop pale ale.will have to use a different bittering hop though as my supply of amarillo is limited.will use most/all of it for flavour and some in dry hopping to get the best of this hop.described on more beer site as a super charged cascade.mmmmmmmmm yum

cheers
big d

big d said:
daves a legend alright.scored a free sample of amarillo as well which is what ive been chasing.also has given me artanhum and simcoe.he will get my hop bucks on my next order.
went to Goliath's today - didn't get nuthing for free :(
Mind you Dave (the legend) wasn't there (not feeling too good), and I did get decent advice and a fair price on everything I did buy :)

Another happy Goliath customer here!

I was in on Saturday getting stuff for the Mash Paddle comp. Got a good price on the ingredients and 33 litres of spring water thrown for good measure.

I've always found Dave's advice to be most helpful and any business that looks after their customers (especially regulars) gets a big tick in my book.

C&B
Steve

Steve,

How did you go with your brew(s) over the weekend ?.....I was the dude in at Goliaths when you were stocking up.....

Cheers
JSB

I too was at Goliaths last week (for about an hour to the missus'disgust)

Dave explained in great detail the process of cracking grain and why/it turns out as it does when mashing (im getting into partials sooooon)

Well yeah, Big Tick! And i didnt even end up buying anything, I was there picking up bottles (well i guess i did buy something)

Ben

ben_sa said:
im getting into partials sooooon
Hey Ben, I just did my first partial not long ago and its a lot of fun. I have tried 3 different methods ranging from piss easy to easy. If you are interested, check out
brewiki: partial mash
Lots of pics with a fair bit of drivel.

Latest posts

Back