Braumeister 50L

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you must be running it a fair distance for a $1000 install

My 15A was less than $150.00. Don't you know any sparkies?

You'll regret not having a 50lt. ;)

Batz

Black n Tan said:
Take this from someone who first bought a 20L BM then had to upgrade to a 50L BM, get the 50L upfront and save yourself some bucks from having to upgrade at a later date. I started making 20L batches then started doing double mashes on the 20L but it just got too much. I now have the 50L BM including thermojacket and mega-expensive copper dome. I also bought the smaller malt pipe so I can do experimental 20L batches. The thermo-jaclet and dome make for a more vigorous boil, which can sometimes be lacking on a BM. These items certainly aren't mandatory and you can create your own ghetto jacket and dome, and achieve similar results. My 15A point was a long way from the fuse box so cost several hundred, but I love my set-up and just wish I had of bought the 50L upfront. Regardless good luck, you will love it!
I have everything but the dome, is the copper one hard to keep looking good? I see they now make a stainless dome but I haven't seen any of the Aussie retailers with it listed as yet.

Batz

Unfortunately the metre box is right over the other side of the house which is around 30 metres away from where the Braumeister will be going. Our home is also double brick and is two story with a concrete slab on the floor and on the first level which makes it really hard to do. I will probably regret not getting the 50L however I'm sure that I'll be pretty happy with the 20L.

Cheers

sambow said:
It would be well over $1,000 for the 15A circuit to be installed which is way more than I thought it would be. I just didn't take the distance from the metre box to the location of the Braumeister into consideration.

Thanks for the extra things to add to my list. I had overlooked everything that you added except the glasses.

Cheers
Not to bang on about it mate, but have you considered getting another quote? Is it possible to set up closer to the meter?

I only brew single batches but I also only outlaid about $120 for my setup, so while single batches does frustrate me I can only imagine the frustration of being over 2 grand in and still stuck with singles.

I'm sure you'll love the BM but try to exhaust all avenues with the 50l. If at the end of the day you get the 20l then so be it, but if I were you I'd want to be sure.

sambow said:
I'm sure that I'll be pretty happy with the 20L.

Cheers
I sure you'll be very happy with it! :beer:

I made a few small upgrades to my bm50 now my brew day is 150L . I run a lead from my stove outlet out side to the brew stand and BAMM. image.jpgimage.jpg

You can make a ss dome from a mixing bowl. I made one for 12 bucks I think definitely under 20

doon said:
You can make a ss dome from a mixing bowl. I made one for 12 bucks I think definitely under 20
Pix doon ?

doon said:
Yes I've seen Dicko's for his 20lt, but yet to see a bowl that will fit a 50lt. I'm sure there are around but I'm yet to find one.

Batz

Yeah was thinking a 50 may be a tad big!

Havent taken any yet tiny sorry haha

sambow said:
Unfortunately the metre box is right over the other side of the house which is around 30 metres away from where the Braumeister will be going. Our home is also double brick and is two story with a concrete slab on the floor and on the first level which makes it really hard to do. I will probably regret not getting the 50L however I'm sure that I'll be pretty happy with the 20L.

Cheers
15amp extension lead.

Forgot to add the dome really improves the boil too

Hmm, that could be an option. I'm not sure how the misses would feel about it though. I'll have to give it some thought.

tiny said:
I made a few small upgrades to my bm50 now my brew day is 150L . I run a lead from my stove outlet out side to the brew stand and BAMM.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Tiny,

What are you doing with your BM?

Mate seriously get the 50 if you can but don't be disheartened. Plenty of people have the 20L and are happy, me included.

Just a little more work to do big beers... I'm doing a double mash as we speak to do a 1.100 RIS but I also only have space for one fermenter in my fridge so unless I wanted to then upgrade the fridge and buy a bigger fermenter the 20 suits my brewing. Just now I am getting some good brews together everyone wants some!

You have to draw the line somewhere, but you will find that line becomes VERY blurry!

get one good stainless steel bucket,you,ll never regret it
2x20ltr woollies stainless stockpots at about $20 each are handy too.

lael said:
Tiny,

What are you doing with your BM?
Fancy mash tun , set up ATM holds 30 to 40 kgs of grain .

I got a 20 L malt pipe with my bm50 and only used it 2 times , waste of money IMO .

Latest posts

Back