Brass Fittings For Mash Tun & Boiler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHAT TYPE OF FITTINGS DO WE USE?

• BRASS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STAINLESS STEEL

• CHROME PLATED

• GALVANISED (it's worth asking for a laugh)

• Total voters
>What type of fittings do you use?

someone forgot to add a brass and S/S answer.
I use both. The mash tun and kettle are all S/S but the HLT has a fair bit of brass fittings as does the C.F.C,herms coil and pump.
All my hoses have brass threads, all ball valves are S/S. The tun and kettle have a S/S tube welded in with a thread on the end for the taps.
Iam quite happy with brass, iam with the majority of brewers that use what ever we can get our hands on after it falls of the back of a truck. ;)

Jayse

JASYE- I am about to get all the bits together to put the tap in my keg, so i think i will just go with brass and see how it goes.

Shawn, it is the gas supply place at Lawson Ave Beresfield (ALLGAS SUPPLIES) 49664445. He said he has sold heaps of these regs to home brewers. Mark also said with this reg and the burner he sells you wont need it anywhere near 10 litres/hr. Just a little over 4l/h is heaps.

More like CARN'T THE KNIGHTS.
I have brushed em this week.

I just picked up the neww reg. and hooked it straight up to my burner for a test. BOY have i got a blast furnace now. 1kg/hr to 10kg's/hr, this thing has got some grunt.

C'mon SJ you can't desert us in our hour of need :eek: They might get smashed, but as long as they go down fighting...

Good news about the reg. My 3 ring burner made a massive difference. Can't wait till I get the new reg to go with it. Hope I don't fry myself :ph34r:

Shawn.

The fella at the shop said not to get carried away with all this new found gas power, as it will still take time to boil large amounts of water and that too much power from the reg is just wasting gas. But i will have fun finding out what works best for me.

Back