Bottles!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slightly

Reaction score
It's been two weeks since bottling (PETs) and the bottles of my raspberry wheat beer feel a lot tighter than my last two brews. Need for concern?

ALSO, I am thinking of transporting them to a friend's shed (where there is more room), will the car ride negatively affect the PET bottled brew by shaking them up too much? I have about 90 long necks to transport.

Cheers.

It's been two weeks since bottling (PETs) and the bottles of my raspberry wheat beer feel a lot tighter than my last two brews. Need for concern?

ALSO, I am thinking of transporting them to a friend's shed (where there is more room), will the car ride negatively affect the PET bottled brew by shaking them up too much? I have about 90 long necks to transport.

Cheers.
In my limited experience...you put them in a friends shed...they evapourate......my 2c

The car ride will be fine.

I regularly take glass bottles on our trips to Sydney to share with daughter dear's fiance.
No problems, even having them in the boot, and away from the aircon.

If they're PET bottles and a bit over-carbonated it's nothing to stress over (too much) the worst that can happen is you get some gushers or in an extreme they split/break, it's not like glass where you can have OH&S issues with flying glass everywhere.

Transport will not be an issue, however putting your bottled beer into an outside shed - which will have a wide range of fluctuating temperatures is not something that will be good for it.

Back