Bottle Trees

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiro

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm going to buy a bottle tree. I've noticed they are pretty much the same however I noticed some you can add rows and others larger sections. Are certain trees better than others? Probably looking at a tree that hold 60 bottles but no essential.

I tried the search function on the topic but couldn't get it to work as normal, not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Thanks

Bottle trees are all the same....
They end up in your cupboard or on ebay once you get a keg system.

Clean 1 vessel love it

I got this one from Dave's https://daveshomebrew.com.au/index.php?page...t&Itemid=99

8c1d4995a130cb55817dad43fae93957.jpg
I like it.
Makes sanitising bottles a breeze.
A bench capper and bottle tree and the bottling is a lot less hassle than it used to be.

Bjorn

Get one.
I like to bottle and keg depending on what I'm brewing and they really take the (some of) pain out of an otherwise painful exercise.
Just like sticking the bottle brush in my 18v Makita battery drill..

I got mine here when they had a deal on with 40L fermenters.
I've had my one jammed full with no probs.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Home-Brew-Green...=item3f076d63c4

Bottle trees are all the same....
They end up in your cupboard or on ebay once you get a keg system.
Clean 1 vessel love it

This is true, but after kegging for a number of years now, I find myself bottling more and more. Not because I'm getting away from kegs (I want more!) but because I'm now involved in a brew 'club' and enjoy submitting a few in comps. Also have a swap system set up with the old man. My homebrew for his homemade wine B)

Don't have a bottle tree but will end up with one soon.

What's your location, would be stunned if you can't pick one up here for a six pack.

If you're near the Gold Coast your an odds on favorite :D

When I used to bottle I found a cheap alternative to a bottle tree... worked great and nothing went inside the bottle either.

Got this wire rack thing that clips together from the big green shed, about $15 from memory, also picked up a free old table so made a drying rack out of that too, good for bottling or just up ending a fermenter or kg on to drip dry....

Pics, better than words:

DSC00305.JPG

DSC00309_s.jpg

Bottling_129__.jpg

Cheers

When I used to bottle I found a cheap alternative to a bottle tree... worked great and nothing went inside the bottle either.

Got this wire rack thing that clips together from the big green shed, about $15 from memory, also picked up a free old table so made a drying rack out of that too, good for bottling or just up ending a fermenter or kg on to drip dry....

That, Cocko, is awesome. I no longer want a bottle tree.

i use a 4 tier green house from the big green shed. it has the wire racks like Cocko's but saves a bit of space being tiered.

i used to use if for gardening, but i moved and it morphed into my bottle tree :) plus its almost the same cost as the LHBS bottle trees

3320026.jpg

Bottle tree with an attachable sanitiser FTW. Add some rinse-free sanitiser to the mix and bottling becomes a breeze.

Thanks for the replies. I'll grab any tree then if they are pretty much the same.

Jarthy, great idea for bottle storage. Will definitely grab one of those if I can find one at Bunnings.

Someone here once mentioned they use a SS dish stand thingy you put on your sink to drain the dishes. $2 from op shops and just cut the wires and bend them up and place the bottles upside down over them.

Latest posts

Back