Blocked Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejed

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a minor issue... allright a rather big issue, my Keg dip tube is blocked :(

The keg was cleaned (washed out) after the last use, however I did not flush the pickup line :angry:

I am in the process of cleaning the system, and only have cleaning solution in the keg. gased the keg, opened the tap.... and nothing.....

I have tried back pressure.... nothing.....S*#T.....

Is there any way of accessing the dip tube and manually cleaning it????

Cheers,
Mental note, always flush the lines..... :angry:

Hi,
I have a minor issue... allright a rather big issue, my Keg dip tube is blocked :(

The keg was cleaned (washed out) after the last use, however I did not flush the pickup line :angry:

I am in the process of cleaning the system, and only have cleaning solution in the keg. gased the keg, opened the tap.... and nothing.....

I have tried back pressure.... nothing.....S*#T.....

Is there any way of accessing the dip tube and manually cleaning it????

Cheers,
Mental note, always flush the lines..... :angry:

Easy to take apart, as illustrated here. Suspect a coat hanger, or something similiar, may need to be used to remove blockage.

I had that happen with an excellent APA in it, luckily there wasn't much left.............. :beerbang:

I've done it dry hopping when the holder came apart. I removed the dip tube and coathangered (is that a verb?) it. For a while before I did that, I was getting beer out of the IN post. :D

Thanks for that kenlock, I had attempted to remove the fitting but did not want to force it..

I've done it dry hopping when the holder came apart. I removed the dip tube and coathangered (is that a verb?) it. For a while before I did that, I was getting beer out of the IN post. :D

Forgot to add - I did it when the keg was 90% full.

All Clear :wub: I had hopps blocking the tube, all good... no all great :beer:

Back