Binary Beer "smart" kegs

Discussion in 'In The News' started by mtb, 10/8/17.

1. Zorco

Pro

Posted 12/9/17
    Ohh yeah....
    I missed that post entirely. Kill this thread mods.

It expands your body's ability empowering you to perform with higher vitality and gives you and your accomplice a brilliant sexual ordeal

2. Zorco

Pro

Posted 12/9/17
    Skin cream loves your ambitions to please ones disfuction endeavours

3. ///

Posted 12/9/17
    Not a simple solution. Add in the heat stress applied to the keg at cleaning and filling, the physical stress of a pressure vessel through a logistics chain and trade abuse ... it leaves nothing simple to the efforts

4. Lionman

Posted 12/9/17
    I think the point is that any analogue solution for monitoring keg temp can not be monitored by the brewery, and its likely the brewery who cares more about the quality of the beer being poured, after all its their brand on the tap handle.

The idea is that the brewery would possibly recall any product that has spent to long above temp x as it will be below an acceptable standard. It could also help the brewery target venues or distributors that are not properly storing and transporting the beer and educate them. It would help keep everyone in the supply chain on their toes.

With solution that is not phoning home, this could be quite difficult to do without a lot of buy in from the venue or distributor and while it would probably be cheaper to implement, I dont think it would carry the same benefits.

5. Mardoo

Noob What Craps On A Bit

Posted 12/9/17
    Not if you drink at Forager's Drop...

6. Mardoo

Noob What Craps On A Bit

Posted 12/9/17
    I have incredible erectile potential!

7. S.E

Posted 12/9/17
    I also have incredible potential. Do you have a website you could link from where we can get this wonderful cream?

Last edited: 12/9/17
  8. pcqypcqy

Posted 12/9/17
    I was thinking more of a single use thing that the brewer slaps on his keg as soon as it's filled. It seems this stuff already exists. Link

I agree with this, but there are other ways to deal with the problem. For example, ensuring your kegs are delivered cold and stored cold straight away, having a personal relationship with the venue so you can have some confidence in them treating your product correctly, educating the venue and the staff on why this is important. Not necessarily practical at a larger scale but I imagine many of the micro's/nano's out there are probably already doing this without thinking about it.

The product being launched may well be a good solution for the problem, but the price per unit/keg and the robustness will be the deciding factor on whether this system works as intended.

9. S.E

Posted 12/9/17
    Seriously? Wouldn’t it be better to delete or hide the second thread on this subject rather than merge it with this one? It became an off topic piss take after post #2 and doesn’t really fit in or add anything useful here .

Zorco and mstrelan like this.
  10. mtb

Beer Bod

Posted 13/9/17
    Seconded..

11. peteru

Here, taste this!

Posted 13/9/17
    Good to see that Michael explored my suggestion of using the acoustic response to estimate the fill level. It makes sense to have a solution that requires no internal components or modification to the keg.

12. contrarian

Posted 13/9/17
    It's a very elegant solution. I wonder how quickly the algorithm adapts to different kegs and how close the estimate is?