Bigpond Movies To Stop Renting Dvds And Blu Ray

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
End of an era, Bigpond movies will cease their disc rental service after November this year. I've been a customer for a couple of years now, mostly for Blu-ray and have watched hundreds of movies. They want to sell me a T Box or T Hub or T something, they can go and bite their bums if they think I'm going to watch sub-standard definition crap and PAY for it :huh: - I'll just subscribe to HD Foxtel instead but it's a bummer that the money will still go to Telstra. And no, with the totally shyte speed of so called broadband here, channel BT isn't an option.

I am just wondering where you fit time in to watch movies Bribie? Between brewing & all the experiments etc etc

The massive amount of time that BIAB saves you

boom boom

Seriously I'm pissed off - for example if you want to watch series 3 of Father Ted or "Jour de Fete" by Jaques Tati (1951) then how do you do that when the DVD hire is discontinued? You can bet that the on demand won't have those sorts of titles, probably just Desperate Housewives and similar crap. Yup, general dumbing down happening.

youre best bet is the torrent sites. dont bother waiting for the aussie networks just download and watch free.

Back