Best way to insulate this mash tun?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesmashhit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking at picking up this combo ( i can get into all grain for my three tier system, thinking this'll work nicely, and is a decent price range. However I'm worried it'll lose too much residual heat during the mash, and was after suggestions on how to insulate this without breaking the bank?

I was thinking a bunch of yoga mats from the $2 shop and some zip ties would do the trick, is there a better solution?

J.

EDIT: Link to item; http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/products/category/QDBAOCJF-accessories/7LAUTER%20TUN%2020L

Link appears to be broken?

Place inside larger bucket/ drum and fill between with expanding foam (search 2 part pour in foam)just like a hot water system is insulated.

osprey brewday said:
Place inside larger bucket/ drum and fill between with expanding foam (search 2 part pour in foam)just like a hot water system is insulated.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1441097629.124330.jpg
Esky for keg but same idea fill the internal drum with water before the foam goes in to stop it lifting

Clark rubber have a foam rubber with a alum type foil on the outside. Quick and easy to apply. I used the self adhesive version,it comes unstuck with heat?! Better off with the un sticky one and use contact.
Not as good as Osprays system, but looks cool. Cost me $60 to do 3 vessels

Back