Best element for a keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hpal said:
Electricians are pretty expensive, and it's hard to find a good one sometimes! I do it all myself, if it lets the smoke out just swap the wires around, easy!
Hpal on brew day. He has just started his boil...
hqdefault.jpg

spog said:
Dunno the diameter of your keg but best check that the element isn't too long to fit.
The first element is a bit touch and go with the A type keg unless I weld on a ferrule, so I am leaning towards the 2nd stick type one.

Well I went with the stick element and gave it a test this morning. It works very well, but given the option would go the other element next time. This is mainly due to the ease of installation, removal without electrical disconnection and direct earthing opportunity. 2015-11-08 22.06.29.jpg2015-11-08 22.05.50.jpg

Looks the goods !
Easy clean,no place for nasties to hide,just wipe and forget .

5 star element ?

spog said:
Looks the goods !
Easy clean,no place for nasties to hide,just wipe and forget .
5 star element ?
Not sure if is 5 star or not. The link is on page one.
The surface on it isn't perfect, and there is a crevice around the element. Will try to take a picture tomorrow for ya.

Spog this is the bit I was talking about.2015-11-09 21.46.59.jpg If this area was welded it would be an excellent element with the tri clamp jig they sell

Back