Best Beer Drinking Anthems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gough said:
Newcastle drunks belting it out at the top of their lungs... A horrible sound really :lol: It is only a quarter to ten, but suddenly I could really go a Guinness :rolleyes:

Shawn
[post="71472"][/post]​

'Tis not a pretty picture I'm generating here. :blink:

The Guiness definitely sounds like a plan though. :chug:

Warren -

How's about a quick dose of the Wurzels (all things in moderation). The old Champion Dung Spreader aways goes down with a hoot.

Borret

Or perhaps Peter Pentland. Me Beaut Little Fergie Tractor... Begad she goes like the clappers. :beer:

Not bad at all. Ted Egan never hurts for a bit of drinking too Anyone who can play music on a stubbie box gets my vote. :super:

Warren -

Jeez, you'll be going for Chad Morgan next :lol: His teeth are almost as good as Shane's :lol:

Shawn.

Nothing wrong with the ol Sheik from Scrubby Creek. :lol:

I didn't need a glass
I just lay there on the grass
underneath the keg and then turned on the tap.

:beer:

Warren -

Trust the Novocastrians to know all the drinking songs.

Anything by Tankard on the Chemical Invasion album esp. their ode to the Reinheitsgebot, "...stop the chemical invasion".

GG Allin - "We love to drink and party hard. We're not afraid to fight and we're not afraid to die", and many others including "Hanging out with Jim (Beam)"

Mr Floppy - "Homebrew - Don't give a stuff what you do. I'm gonna drink my homebrew".

Cycle Sluts from Hell - "I wish you were a beer". :beerbang:

Mojo Nixon - "Are U drinking with me Jesus", and some other beer-inspired songs (I'm certain) such as "Don Henley must Die", "Shane's Dentist (is going down to the pub)" and "Orenthal James (OJ Simpson) was a mighty bad man".

Anything that rocks from the Hard-ons or DOA, Bad Brains, Massappeal or Frenzal Rhomb (Ship of beers, We're going out tonight, and their excellent cover of My City of Sydney). :beer:

Enough for now. Must go back to work.

Seth out :p

Gonna definately be cranking "Punisher" by Frenzal Rhomb.

"WHAT A CHAMPION! WHAT A PUNISHER!"

Early AFI (Answer That And Stay Fashionable) is good when your drunk and loud.

:beerbang:

Seth

Massappeal - great call. Listen to straight edge while getting pissed !!

Saw Hard Ons support Mass Appeal at the Vulcan one night in Sydney. Place got destroyed. I don't think it ever had bands again !! Great night.

Never thought of Massappeal as straightedge. Not with a song that has a chorus of "pull more cones, pull more cones, pull more, pull more"... and so on.

The last time I saw the band, the lead singer certainly denied liking the song, so maybe there was a transformation after the "Nobody Likes a Thinker" album. If anyone has the first album, please scan and post the cover art, then tell me they are straightedge.

Seth :p

Seth

Yeah - Randy, Brett and Kevin were pretty straight edge from memory about that time. Dead Heads was actually an anti drug song. The drummer Darren, was not straight edge - way from it I think. Maybe why he didn't last too long in teh band - though I reckon was the best drummer they ever had.

Nobody Likes a Thinker must be one of the best hardcore albums ever. Great drinking music - whatever the politics.!!

Crikey!

A lot of heavy stuff for the brain there. Static-X always gets gets me amped up. Love the mix of heavy guitars with techno samples.

Led zepplin,deep purple,rainbow,nad the late stevie ray vaughan

My mates and I always love kicking on to Band on every corner - The Whitlams about 3 quarters of the way through the night. It always sounds good no matter how drunk we are and how much we sing along :party:

Jazman said:
the late stevie ray vaughan
[post="71625"][/post]​

Saw him twice in Melb. 84 & 86... the man was done too soon, :( :( :(

Warren -

Latest posts

Back