Best Beer Drinking Anthems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanator

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what everyone out there listens to when having a few drinks.

I'm having a BIG beer drinking session at my house on the weekend and need some good drinking music.

What's your favourite beer drinking music/song? :beerbang:

:beer:

do a search on lime ware or what ever, look for the perfect country song by david allen coe.....its a ripper, its god drinking, getting drunk, trucks trains and mums.....good song

but any country song about getting drunk is good

Alcohol by the porkers is good if you're into ska. The pogues also have an extensive collection of (great) drinking songs.

Chumbawamba, Tub-Thumping Song is good.

Anything by the Dropkick Murphys, Pogues, The Business are pretty good too.

Warren -

Ryanator
You can't have a big drink without a bit of good old fashioned aussie rock. Get the national anthem by Cold Chisel Khe Sanh :p Raditors, Midnight oil.. A few beers and a good sing a long with your mates. That life!!!

Have a few for me
BS

beer slayer said:
Ryanator
You can't have a big drink without a bit of good old fashioned aussie rock. Get the national anthem by Cold Chisel Khe Sanh :p Raditors, Midnight oil.. A few beers and a good sing a long with your mates. That life!!!

Have a few for me
BS
[post="71444"][/post]​

Radiators? ... Sweet. :beer:

Warren -

Dropkick Murphys!

Why didn't I think of that?

Got their "Sing Loud, Sing Proud!" CD. It's unreal. Best CD for drinking a few pints with.

I'll have have to drag out some good Aussie rock too.

:beerbang:

Radio Birdman aren't too shabby either. :beerbang:

Warren -

Radio Birdman...

I've heard the name but havn't heard the music. I'll have to suss it out.

Gonna have to crank a bit of Fu Manchu. Good old 70's style surfer rock!

Hey ozbrewer. The song you're referring to is You Never Even Called Me By My Name, but he has an even better drinking song called You Can Count On Beer.

He does heaps of drinkin songs - DRUNK, Drink Canada Dry, Drank My Wife Away, Tennessee Whiskey and Jack Daniels If You Please (Knock Me To My Knees) are a few

Then of course there's his two well produced X-rated albums. Now they're good drinkin songs - Pussy Whipped Again, Cum Stains On The Pillow, etc.

Anything by the Pogues. Dropkick Murphy's are just pale (very :lol: ) imitations... :ph34r:
When Shane MacGowan finally dies they'll be able to fuel the next generation space shuttle to the moon and back on the residual alcohol in his body. The man likes a drink and know how to write a mean song, what can I say...

Shawn.

ACDC I have all their albums and just play them non stop when I have session with some friends!

Kramer

Wot dat yer be say'n aboot me Shawn me lad?

:lol: :lol: Mmmm... nicotine fingers.

Warren -

Ya got to chuck Sham 69's "hurry up harry" in there some where as well. Great drinking song. Actually - the whole album "That's life" is a great one when your having a few beers. Great story !!!

Plastic Man said:
Ya got to chuck Sham 69's "hurry up harry" in there some where as well. Great drinking song. Actually - the whole album "That's life" is a great one when your having a few beers. Great story !!!
[post="71466"][/post]​

Sham 69? Very respectable. How's about Borstal Breakout? :super:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Wot dat yer be say'n aboot me Shawn me lad?

:lol: :lol: Mmmm... nicotine fingers.

Warren -
[post="71465"][/post]​

Damn that's a good look :lol:

Shawn.

In the womens prison
There are seventy women
And I wish it was with them
That I did dwell
Then that auld triangle could go jingle-jangle
All along the banks of the royal canal

:beerbang: :beerbang:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
In the womens prison
There are seventy women
And I wish it was with them
That I did dwell
Then that auld triangle could go jingle-jangle
All along the banks of the royal canal

Warren -
[post="71470"][/post]​

Ah, a tear to the eye :) We always ended the night with the Auld Triangle (not that our version was a patch on Shane's of course...).
Nothing like a pub full of Newcastle drunks belting it out at the top of their lungs... A horrible sound really :lol: It is only a quarter to ten, but suddenly I could really go a Guinness :rolleyes:

Shawn

lets also throw in Stiff Little Fingers in the same vein. I chucked Inflammable Material on the other day. Still an absolute classic !!

(and Peter and the Test Tube Baby's, Exploited, Chron Gen, English Dogs, Conflict, GBH, UK Subs, Anti no where league, Cockney rejects, Newtown Neurotics, Sub Humans, and even the Pistols....Arrhhh - when Punk was really Punk !!)

The plastic has taste. :party:

Don't leave out Buzzcocks, Cocksparrer & The Damned as well.

Warren -

Back