Beer Has Been Fermenting For A Few Weeks, But Cant Can't Keg Yet G

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
ok i put on 2 brews 2 weeks ago last weekend one was finished one was still boubling.
so i planed to keg (bottle the rest) ive got every thing but none of my co2 guages will fit grrrr
as imk away next week for work am i right next weekend to keg them will they still be good om worried about all teh yeast dies and the few in bottle not carbing up.

um here i ahve got 14x 750ml plastic bottles and 48 x brand new 640ml crown top bottles so i could prolly bottle them if i had to but it would be awaste :(

tomorrow im going to see if local shops are open so i can buy a reg or sell me a sodastream bottle

i just don't want to risk it

no problem if you have the means to chill fermenters with beer in it.
If you leave it warm the yeast may start to munch on them self.

no problem if you have the means to chill fermenters with beer in it.
If you leave it warm the yeast may start to munch on them self.

i do have my chest freezer will soon become keg freezer is currently running at 2 degress just keeping all my beer kits cold.

how cold should i run it and will i need to remove all my beer kits?

What sort of yeast was being used ?

Either way, having the freezer running at 2 degrees will be fine to put the fermenter full of beer into. At that temperature the yeast should go to sleep.

If you can fit the fermenter in with the kits I can see no reason to remove them.

americian ale yeast from Ross

Yea it will all fit beer kits takes up the comprosser hump cage area

If it's finished fermenting rack into a keg then chill it until you can carbonate it.
It'll be fine.

just threw the 2 fermenters in there. I have to perdge the air out of the kegs first don't I? Wouldn't I b better to keep them in the fermenters were there is a pocket of c02?

Back