Beer Can Chicken

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
So me and the "lady"...
are having a few family members over tomorrow night for dinner. Im going to cook two chickens on the webber, she will do roast veg inside and bring cake from work! :D
Anyway the first chicken i will put in with Hickery wood, when it stops smoking like crazy 10 - 15 mins later im going to put my "beer can chicken" in...im going to shove a can of Dr tims up it! (thats pale ale in a can)
Im just posting this cause i have heard people talking about it and watched a few vids on beer can chicken on youtube.....have any of you ever made a beer can chicken!? and thoughts!?
cheers... :)

i have made it, I dont think the pale ale is a great idea, better off with something like duvel, or a triple or even leffe blonde, pour this into the can, much better result .

you should try brining the chickens first also

Sigh

Use the search button. There is at least 2 seperate threads on beer can chicken.

So me and the "lady"...
are having a few family members over tomorrow night for dinner. Im going to cook two chickens on the webber, she will do roast veg inside and bring cake from work! :D
Anyway the first chicken i will put in with Hickery wood, when it stops smoking like crazy 10 - 15 mins later im going to put my "beer can chicken" in...im going to shove a can of Dr tims up it! (thats pale ale in a can)
Im just posting this cause i have heard people talking about it and watched a few vids on beer can chicken on youtube.....have any of you ever made a beer can chicken!? and thoughts!?
cheers... :)

Just do it!
Last Saturday at a mates Birthday Bash... food runs out, so we thought we'd prepare something for a late night tuck in...I found two whole chooks in the fridge, grabbed two red cans, stuck the barbie on low, the cans up high, smothered the beasties in some herbs and spices I found in the cupboard - red looking stuff, and stuck em on the barbie, hood down, outside burners on low. Took about two and a half hours, and they were spot on.

Thread here

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=43837

heres a pic of mine

beer_can_chicken.jpg

Sorry for starting another thread on it guys! "BAD JOSH!"
And she is female......just not very "lady like"
Thanks for the advice guys!

nice, taken in good humour, +1 internets to you :D

Sorry for starting another thread on it guys! "BAD JOSH!"
And she is female......just not very "lady like"
Thanks for the advice guys!

Post a pic when you do it, also but some spice, herbs and garlic into the beer so that when it steams it helps to add flavour to the chook (i put some lemon rind also)

Just hooked up me keg tonight and with all the excitment....new keg...beer on tap family and friends.. I forgot to take a pic of the chooks! :( But i can tell you it was bloody amazing! I think i will do another in the next week or two! So i will post one then! With all the pics and info on my special dry rub.... ;)

Back