Beer And Loathing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Love the reviews... Quite the pleasant chap be the writer. :blink:

BTW His review of the Porterhouse is spot on the money. ;)

Warren -

:lol: Love the reviews... Quite the pleasant chap be the writer. :blink:

BTW His review of the Porterhouse is spot on the money. ;)

Warren -

Up to a point I'd say.
I absolutely loved the Oyster Stout myself.
In fact all their beers were pretty good.

I've been doing a bit of research into a forthcoming European tour and came across Beer and Loathing

Can't wait...

How forthcoming?

Beginning of August for the Great British Beer Festival? Visit the Camra site for details of this and other beer festivals if you haven't already.
Oktoberfest? Enough said.

Beer Advocate is another good site for breweries and bars if you aren't familiar with it.

Belgium? Go to Brussells if you can! Especially the Cantillon brewery...
de Bier Circus
I spent 4 days in Brussels and didn't drink the same beer twice.
Actually that isn't quite true. I tried some of the Cantillon ones more than once.

In Dublin both the Porter House and Messrs Maguires are good. Plus if you are travelling you can go in the afternoon and avoid the crush...
Temple Bar can be avoided altogether...

Ah the memories, both hazy and not so...

Great link. Check out the definition of lager:

A pale, poisonous exhalation from the tombs of plague victims gathered by the unholy and sold to the vulgar for the purposes of genocide. Weak, gassy, and utterly lacking in character, this alleged drink is distinguished from all others by its total lack of flavour.

Rum
Kind of naturally occurring black ooze that bubbles to the surface of the Earth in heathen South America, where cunning locals bottle it and sell it to the white man, fabricating some half-baked story about it being fermented sugar cane juice to disguise its subterranean origin. When mixed with patent Coca-Cola, it is popular amongst females of loose morals.

Another good quote from that site :D

Latest posts

Back