Becks Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts on the ingredients however I wasn't sure what the flavour and aroma should be.... any ideas?

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.50 kg Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (3.0 EBC) Grain 100.0 %
50.00 gm Pearle [6.80%] (60 min) Hops 21.7 IBU
20.00 gm Hallertauer [2.50%] (20 min) Hops 1.9 IBU
10.00 gm Hallertauer [2.50%] (10 min) Hops 0.6 IBU
15.00 gm Hallertauer [2.50%] (Dry Hop 14 days) Hops -

I plugged these values into pro mash but i got 48.6 IBU for just the Perle. Is this wrong cause that looks awful bitter to me?

vlbaby.

Doesn't Hahn Premium say late additions of Hersbrucker on the bottle?

Borret

vlbaby said:
My thoughts on the ingredients however I wasn't sure what the flavour and aroma should be.... any ideas?

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.50 kg Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (3.0 EBC) Grain 100.0 %
50.00 gm Pearle [6.80%] (60 min) Hops 21.7 IBU
20.00 gm Hallertauer [2.50%] (20 min) Hops 1.9 IBU
10.00 gm Hallertauer [2.50%] (10 min) Hops 0.6 IBU
15.00 gm Hallertauer [2.50%] (Dry Hop 14 days) Hops -

I plugged these values into pro mash but i got 48.6 IBU for just the Perle. Is this wrong cause that looks awful bitter to me?

vlbaby.
[post="56536"][/post]​

Yep, that sounds about right, my problem at the moment is I can only do a 10-13 litre boil so I was planning on that and filling up with water, this would lower the IBU to 25. I haven't tried this before but thought I would give it a go and see how it turned out.

Borret said:

Borret
[post="56548"][/post]​

Sure does say Hersbrucker on the bottle..

Oh no. Caught out by a label...

In an attempt to save some pride: Isn't Hersbrucker related to Hallertau?
It seems to be a similar taste to me, comparing the commercial product with my Hallertau late-hopped Helles, or Kolsch.

Anyway, I stick to my guns regarding the late hops overpowering the malt flavour. So, shoot me down. I'm learning all the time, on this site.

They say that the man/woman who never made a mistake, never made anything good.

Seth :p

Borret said:

Borret
[post="56548"][/post]​

Probably Tasmanian Hersbrucker. IIRC There's Tasmanian and Hallertauer varieties.

Warren -

But didn't the guy in the dodgy homebrew store say that hops were all the same .....just POR with a different label...............
Nah- really, I get your point about the soapy taste Weiz. I'm sure I have tasted it in something. (definately blue tounge ginger beer but something else as well).

Borret

Latest posts

Back