Bayside Brewers Octoberfest Comp 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etbandit

Reaction score
THE BAYSIDE BREWERS OCTOBERFEST HB COMPETITION 2007
VISIT: The Bayside Brewers Website.

HOSTED BY: HICKINBOTHAM WINERY, 194 NEPEAN HYW, DROMANA, VIC.

SATURDAY 27th OCT 2007 - Homebrew Competition (Held at 11am, Awards from 5pm)

SUNDAY 28th OCT 2007 - Octoberfest & German Festival - Public day $15 Entry (Includes souvenier beer glass & 10 beer tokens). Beer, Band/Live Music, German Kransky BBQ, Craft Beer Tastings from all grain home brewers, Peoples Choice Awards for Best Beer from a Brew Club.

ENTRIES CLOSE 10:00AM SATURDAY 20/10/07: Refer to attachments for details.

ENTRIES CAN BE LEFT AT:
Grain & Grape (Yarraville), Magick Brew (Rosebud), Brew N Grow (Edithvale), Greensborough Home Brew, Brewers Den (Boronia)

View attachment Oktoberfest_2007_Latest_News.docView attachment OKTOBERFEST_2007_flyer.docView attachment OCTOBERFEST_ENTRY_FORM_2007.docView attachment HickinbothamMap.pdf

sounds like a great day out etbandit and i'v been meaning to get in contact with the bayside brewers

i'll be there with bells on and i'm sure i can find a couple of beers to enter into the comp as well

-Phill

Just a friendly reminder that entries for the THE BAYSIDE BREWERS OCTOBERFEST HB COMPETITION 2007 closes on 10:00AM SATURDAY 20/10/07. Just lest than a month to get a brew on.

ENTRIES CAN BE LEFT AT:
Grain & Grape (Yarraville), Magick Brew (Rosebud), Brew N Grow (Edithvale), Greensborough Home Brew, Brewers Den (Boronia)

Visit The Bayside Brewers website for further details.

Note on the updated Oktoberfest Flyer that there is a $15 entry charge to the Sunday 28th OCT Beer festival public day.

what kind of public transport is around that area the day of the fest etbandit?

what kind of public transport is around that area the day of the fest etbandit?

Take train to Mornington, then taxi to Hickinbotham. Unfortunately, there is no bus route that will take you to that area.

thats what i thought :) no worries mate, i'll try round up a small posse to come with me

Latest News on the Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest.

The following information is intended to explain some important additional details of the upcoming Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest at Hikinbotham Winery, Dromana, including a few minor changes.

1. Oktoberfest Comp- Saturday 27th October

# Entry Cut Off The entry deadline is 10.00am on Saturday 20th October. Refer to the event flyer for details.

# Judging The scheduled starting time for judging has been changed to 11am, to allow for potentially 2 judging flights (sessions) for each category.

# Lunch - A German kransky bbq will be provided by Hickinbotham Winery for all judges and stewards (to be charged at their cost price).

# Dinner - The hosts, Hickinbotham Winery, have offered to provide a one or two course meal in their restaurant consisting of Irish Stout Pie and Vegetables ($20) plus Apple Crumble ($8). However, this requires a minimum number of 20 confirmed bookings for the restaurant, with bookings closing on Sat 20th October for all interested persons. Phone bookings can be made on (03) 5981 0355 or by emailing [email protected].

# Accommodation - There have been a number of motel, B&B accommodation options already advised. In addition, judges, stewards and their guests are welcome to pitch a swag or tent on site at Hickinbothams at no charge.

# Prizes Prizes for the winners of each category will include an engraved glass trophy and additional prize (eg grain, gift vouchers). Second and third place awardees will receive an engraved glass only. Prizes will also be awarded for Best Beer of Show, and Champion Brewer.

# Sponsors: We gratefully acknowledge the generous sponsorships from the following; Grain and Grape, MagickBrew, Bintani, Powells, One Stop Barshop and Hickinbotham Winery.

2. Festival - Sunday 28th October

# Peoples Choice Award : The general public will be judging the kegged beers brought along by the various clubs. As part of the festivities, the four Melbourne brew clubs are encouraged to bring along a keg of 1 or 2 different beers. It can be any beer style, not just German beer styles. At least 8 Bayside Brewers will be bringing along a keg each. This is a new initiative meant to add to the whole festival atmosphere and get the punters from the general public trying and appraising our hand made beers. A perpetual trophy for the winning club has been generously donated (and created) by Hickinbotham Winery.

# Format: All brewers (club members and independents) attending on Sunday, please note that you are welcome to help out on the day, serving beers and talking to the public about the beers, soaking up the atmosphere etc. Obviously, there will be no charge, however, you will not be entitled to enter the public domain.

For anyone entering the public domain, there will be a charge of $15 (waived for brewers who bring a keg of beer), a souvenir beer glass will be provided by Hickinbotham and 10 tasting tokens will be provided. Everyone in the public domain is welcome to be part of the "Peoples Choice Award" in the public judging of the "Best Beer". This charge will also offer our hosts, Hickinbotham Winery, a chance to recoup some of the considerable council costs they have incurred in hosting the event.

# Lunch: a German kransky bbq will be provided for everyone. Charges for bbq are not known at this stage.

Regards,

ETB on behalf of Rod Patterson and the Bayside Brewers Committee
Ph (03) 9687 0061

A reminder that entries for the THE BAYSIDE BREWERS OCTOBERFEST HB COMPETITION 2007 closes on 10:00AM SATURDAY 20/10/07 (Thats tommorrow)

Just to drop a note about the Octoberfest at Hickembotham today. I made up my mind to go some weeks ago but had second thoughts after reading about a similar event at Port Douglas a time ago . Went anyway and can't say how glad I am that I did.
The boys had some great beers on tap and they were all only too happy to chat about all things homebrew. Had a great day at the winery as usual with great weather aswell.
Top drop and top job by all involved.See you next year ??

i missed out on both days, spewin', especially about the sunday, would have been tops.

are the results in yet for saturdays comp?

-Phill

i missed out on both days, spewin', especially about the sunday, would have been tops.

are the results in yet for saturdays comp?

-Phill

The Saturday competition and Sunday festival were both a great sucess! There were ~70 entries in 4 catergories with plenty of quality brew to be had. Sunday was another beautiful day with big turn out for the festival. A big thanks to all those involved (Hickinbotham for hosting the event, Organising committee, Judges, Sponsors, Stewards, entrants and the public for support in attendance). New ideas are alread coming together to make next years Oktoberfest bigger and better!

I will post the full results along with photos in the next few days.

Cheers to beers.

Could you please email the results to [email protected] once they are available so that we can cross-post them on the Worthogs website? Thanks for your help. We hope you had a great weekend, unfortunately my husband and I were unable to attend, although we had intended to. We're glad it was a good time for all (from reading this thread it seems as though it was).

The Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest full results now available. Congrats to all place getters!

View attachment Bayside_Brewers_Oktoberfest_2007_Full_Results.pdf
OktPanFinal.jpg
Okt23.jpg
Okt24.jpg
Okt28.jpg
Okt29.jpg
Okt27.jpg

Latest posts

Back