Batch Size Poll

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21 to 22 litres or depends whats comes out of the kettle

20 or so litres mostly, with an occasional experimental batch of 10l.

SJW said:
I boil about 35 or 36 litres for a final volume in the fermenter of 25 litres. I am a bit surprised to see so many people doing 23 litres. Why? I know the kits say 23 litres but even when I did K & K's I never made em up to 23 litres.
[post="75940"][/post]​

OK, I for one do it as I use a glass carboy to secondary and it leaves me with the desirable 'very little headspace.'

Is this an acceptable excuse?

Borret

As a general rule,

Batch size = 50 litres.

Into fermenter = 46 litres

Cheers

19-21 in the fermenter. aim for just enough to fill a corny.

Usually 19 (US recipes where I was 2 lazy to scale up) to 25 litres (where I have put in some effort to produce a slightly larger batch, for whatever reason).

Limitations are the keg (ooh aah) boiler, and the fermenter size, as well as my faith in my own ability to not destroy a batch of beer. Had a few acetic batches last Summer and still not confident that I won't waste a large amount of money/ingredients by making a larger batch.

Things are looking up, as far as quality goes, and I'll prob "upsize" soon. My boler should still make some 40 litre batches, perhaps? Or I can brew stronger and dilute at bottling

Has anyone made 10-12 litre experimental batches? Sorry, I'll start a new thread later.

Seth out :p

50L each week for me (Still drink it too fast).

nice work Kramer :blink:

Steve said:
nice work Kramer :blink:
[post="75991"][/post]​

Thats not just me I have to work at some stage, my mates help me give it a nudge on weekends. :D

yeah right! mums the word eh? ;)

Weizguy said:
Has anyone made 10-12 litre experimental batches? Sorry, I'll start a new thread later.

Seth out :p
[post="75989"][/post]​
Yep, did some half batches when trying to sort my wiezens out. Damb crazy yeast <_<

Borret

Latest posts

Back