Barossa Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerben

Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone tried the new "Barossa Blonde" or "Barossa Bock". They have "Seppeltsfield" as their location on the label.

The bock was reasonable, but the blonde was clearly a brett bomb. The single worst infection I've experienced in a commercial beer... hope for their sake it was a dodgy bottle, but unlikely.

BB

I had this a few months ago, actually I had the Barossa Bock and the other half had the Barossa Blonde.

I thought the Bock was pretty good at the time, only had 1 glass though as there was a huge line up to get to the kiosk/bar on the particular day we were at Seppeltsfield.

Here is a link, anyone got any recipe ideas. Hops are Hallertau and Saaz.

http://www.seppeltsfield.com.au/shop/beer/barossa-bock/

Yes - thought the bock was good and the blonde ordinary.

My Understanding: They were being brewed at Regency TAFE - but there was a complaint to the SA Education Minister by another Micro ref commercial beers brewed on edu facilities not Kosher.

Now dont know where brewed - most likely Mildura.

Hey,

Has anyone tried the new "Barossa Blonde" or "Barossa Bock". They have "Seppeltsfield" as their location on the label.

The bock was reasonable, but the blonde was clearly a brett bomb. The single worst infection I've experienced in a commercial beer... hope for their sake it was a dodgy bottle, but unlikely.

BB

The Blonde was on tap at the local Angas Park Hotel a while back and it was absolutely wrong :eek: had a funny citrus taste to me. Not what I was expecting.

BYB

Back