Balancing CO2 Pressure Between Two Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holden4th

Reaction score
I tend to drink from the one keg while the other one matures in the 2 tap kegerator. The beer I was drinking was pouring perfectly. However, I wanted to see how my FWK English Pale Ale was faring after two weeks in the keg so I poured a small sample. It was a bit gassy but no worries as I just wanted to check the taste.

When I went back to pour the other beer it was so frothy that I had to wait a while before I could drink it. On a hunch I turned off the gas and pressed both relief valves until there was no pressure. then turned the gas back on to repressurise and hopefully equalise. It didn't work.

Some thoughts. I had just kegged an an amber ale and had put CO2 into the air space at the top of the keg in the usual manner it so I could put it in my other fridge to mature. I used the gas line from the EPA. The gas line is a T section metal bayonet type. I am virtually positive that there is no leak because that's what the gauges tell me. The beer is starting to return to normal but it will take a while. The EPA pours faster than the other one

What did I do wrong?
How can I rectify it?
How can I prevent it happening again?

I cant see any reason your 2nd keg could have influenced the first unless it had a heap of residual pressure stored higher than the regulators set point. If this was the case check valves would have stopped the 2nd keg from pressurising the 1sr.

Latest posts

Back