Australia Day Conundrum: Snag Angle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relative to grill bars running vertically, snags should go:

• 0 degs or North-South

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90 degs or East-West

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm so australian I ran out of gas while cooking the BBQ! Had to finish the bangers on the stove... :eek:

You should only prick your snags if you are wearing a Flanno with rolled up sleeves and a blue singlet, a packet of Winnie reds tucked up on you upper arm, wearing thongs, stubbies and drinking VB on the front verendah whilst wondering how long it is before you move the old Torana from the nature strip that is covered in grass... ;)

Real men dont prick their snags...it is un-natural... :D

had an awesome BBQ at DrGonzo's with about 4 legs of lamb on webers and no stinking peasant food (snags) to be seen.

why's it Aussie to eat food not good enough to eat normally unless it's minced and inserted into an intestine? Isn't it European peasant food?

I thought the short movie was good, shame about the subject....

sorry i did not read through the thread so not sure if it's been brought up, but where the hell is 45 degree's on the poll?? am i the only one who cooks snags the right way?!

0 and 90 degree's pff, think outside the box man!

the only time snags should be cooked on the 0 angle is when you have no room on the barbie. and that means it's time to get a new one.

:p

-Phill

had an awesome BBQ at DrGonzo's with about 4 legs of lamb on webers and no stinking peasant food (snags) to be seen.

I must confess to not cooking snags on Ausralia day either. My A Day BBQ was a smoked shoulder of lamb marinaited middle eastern style. And rather good it was too.

Cheers
Dave

sounds like you two need to eat some real snags. Not the plastic crap you buy at your local supermarket...

I had a mate once, who always said that a carton of winnie blues should come with a free rolled up sleeve to attach to your blue singlet. He was a right character :beer:

sounds like you two need to eat some real snags. Not the plastic crap you buy at your local supermarket...

i don't care if they're abalone and fois gras snags. If they're turd shaped and minced within intestine, it's not good enough!

i don't care if they're abalone and fois gras snags. If they're turd shaped and minced within intestine, it's not good enough!

Case of VB and a vegemite sandwich for you then Tangent old son...

that'll be fine, i'll take the vegemite sanga, as long as you don't mince it all and shove it in some guts ;)

Wouldn't touch supermarkets snags with a pair of very long tongs. When I do buy snags I buy proper ones - real mystery meat in real guts from a real butcher.

Cheers
Dave

Back