Attention Melb. Beer Geeks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
Live just up the road from this place. All these years I didn't realise that they stock 300+ imported beers and all refrigerated too. :beerbang:

Essendon Cellars. Cnr. Albion & Primrose Streets, Essendon Ph: (03) 9370 6563

If you're in the Nthn. Suburbs of Melbourne give them a look. You'll be as amazed as I am. Best stocked beer shop I've ever seen. Whole room dedicated to beer and glasses as well.

NAYY. Just an amazed first time customer. Their collection of Belgian beers has to be seen. :rolleyes:

Warren -

and to think warren,
just last week in another thread you were contemplating which day of the week you would be crossing to the other side of town for the same thing.
great find.. great timing

KoNG said:
and to think warren,
just last week in another thread you were contemplating which day of the week you would be crossing to the other side of town for the same thing.
great find.. great timing
[post="111321"][/post]​

Hey KoNG.

I'm contemplating dragging my bed and Silvia there and taking up residence. :lol:

Warren -

You didn't happen to notice if they keep "Gambrinus" at all, did you? Might be worthwile driving up from Geelong.

Cheers :)

Stoodoo.

I'm not sure if they had it. I'll take a look next time I'm there and let you know. :)

You like Gambrinus? Not a bad drop. Being made by the PU brewery to me it just tastes similar but less hoppy than it's famous cousin. :beerbang:

Warren -

Thanks for that Warren, I'll be paying them a visit tomos.

Unless this place has upped their beer list pretty seriously in the last 18 months or so (definitely possible) they've got nothing on Purvis. Believe me.

That's not to say they don't have some good stuff though.

warrenlw63 said:
Stoodoo.

I'm not sure if they had it. I'll take a look next time I'm there and let you know. :)

You like Gambrinus? Not a bad drop. Being made by the PU brewery to me it just tastes similar but less hoppy than it's famous cousin. :beerbang:

Warren -
[post="111326"][/post]​

My impatience got the better of me and I contacted Essendon Cellars re: Gambrinus. No luck there :( Warrenlw63 I have never tried Gambrinus, but see that it won an award in the 2005 Australian beer awards, in the Pilsener category. I'm a die hard fan of anything Pilsener, so must give it a try. I'm disappointed to hear that it's less hoppy than PU, though have to taste for myself.

By the way, anyone here going to the 2006 beer festival? I missed out last year, but will definitely be going this year.

Cheers :)

Stoodoo said:
My impatience got the better of me and I contacted Essendon Cellars re: Gambrinus. No luck there :( Warrenlw63 I have never tried Gambrinus, but see that it won an award in the 2005 Australian beer awards, in the Pilsener category.
[post="111425"][/post]​

Stoodoo

Needmorebeer in Beaumaris has Gambrinus. You can order it online.

here

$44 For a slab of cans. :) Value doesn't seem too bad. As stated earlier though it's made by the PU Brewery. So basically (from my memories of it) expect a beer that is similar to PU but less assertive in basically every department. Very nice and easy to drink beer though.

If I were wanting to drink something similar I'd be looking for Krusovice, Bernard or Budvar. Better beers IMO. :beerbang:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
NAYY. Just an amazed first time customer. Their collection of Belgian beers has to be seen. :rolleyes:

Warren -
[post="111301"][/post]​

Hey Waz,

You got a camera in that there phone of yours?....... (I won't mention bluetooth though :lol: ) Wouldn't mind seeing that there range of belgians ;)

Cheers

Brent (now father of 3 :D )

Indeed I got a camera phone and diamond-encrusted bluetooth. :p

My phone camera isn't a megapixel job. Pics would be blurred at best. :lol:

Congrats on the new arrival. You'll need a hobby now. :p

Warren -

Yep, congrats on becoming a Dad for the third time Brent :beerbang: You'll definitely be needing that hobby now...

Shawn.

Latest posts

Back