Armageddon: The Strongest Beer In The World

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope thats a joke innes or your a millionaire lol
Not a joke at all. I bought all of them from Scotland and the three bottles of extreme beers has cost be $150.00 delivered.

I dont know how shops here is Australia Can charge $150 for a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin and $200 for Sink the Bismarck. Though I did buy my bottle of armageddon for 40 and I noticed tonight that they now want 60 a bottle.

Well Whisky is pretty much distilled beer.
So here is the trick, evaluate a "really good" whisky, then evaluate it as beer.
OK do the same but add some water (for whisky evaluation) or soda water.
I have sampled both TNP and STB and find the military theme quite appropriate as the smell of boot polish is in both.
I have also had Sam Adams Utopia and that is (from memory) very very good.
Only my thoughts though.

K

I was thinking that too - but really, in whiskey distillation, most (certainly not all i understand) of the flavour of the "beer" is left behind and you keep the relatively neutral spirit which then gets the large part of its flavour from cask conditioning.

The freeze concentration process removes the neutral tasing water part and concentrates not only alcohol, but the original flavours. So almost exactly the opposite effect as distillation on the flavours originally in the beer. And of course, it isn't cask conditioned.

So the flavour profiles should be very different. I've tasted TNP and Utopias.... I totally agree about the boot polish in TNP and my example of Utopias tasted like diluted vegemite. Maybe a bad bottle I guess, but for me both these beverages were deeply nasty.

I guess you'd call them beer because there isn't really an alternative name (or not one I'm aware of) - I cant see a reason to drink one of the horrible things though. I wouldn't pay for it, and if offered it for free.... I'd probably pass the glass to someone who actually wanted the experience.

I actually thought the Penguin was fantastic, and worth the price with enough people to share it with. It is still beer just as much as an imperial stout is beer - probably some swill drinkers could argue with that too.

Latest posts

Back