Apprentice all grain brewer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dips Me Lid

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I've been all grain brewing for about a year or two, I've recently been able to start dedicating a lot more effort and time into it and I look forward to learning from all on these forums.

I've been lurking on the forums for a while and have finally decided it's time to get in amongst it. Brewing wise I'm a fan of making English ales, bitters, IPAs ect and I have produced some reasonably good tasting beers although far from where I want them to be, I need to sharpen my knowledge in all areas.

Anyway cheers and I look forward to learning a lot!

Dips Me Lid.

Welcome aboard... where abouts in Vic are you? I am sure there may be a fellow brewer or brew club nearish that may be able to share some practical knowledge.

Good luck with the journey.

Brendo

Hey Brendo, cheers for the reply, I live in Launching Place so I guess the closest brew clubs would be Yarra Valley Brewers and Melbourne Brewers in Boronia, definitely keen to get involved in a club or meet up with some experienced all grain brewers.

Cheers.

Both YVB and MB are good options for you - I am part of Melbourne Brewers, but the YVB guys are a good bunch and we have one or two guys who go to both.

Clubs are a great source of information and shared experiences - plus you get to try other people's beers and get feedback on your own, so would highly recommend in getting involved in one if you can.

Cheers,

Brendo

brendo said:
Clubs are a great source of information and shared experiences - plus you get to try other people's beers and get feedback on your own, so would highly recommend in getting involved in one if you can.
From my current position of being very hungover at work post last night's club meeting, I can't, in good conscience, condone the above statement.

Tomorrow, however, is another day.

Both sound like a good option, definitely interested in feedback and getting to sample other people's beers, hangovers at work I'm not so interested in haha. How often do the Melbourne Brewers have their meetings?

brendo said:
hehehehe... we are all responsible for our own choices WB.... :ph34r:
I disagree.

I did not choose for the keg of American Brown to be so delicious, and so refuse to be held responsible for it.

Dips Me Lid said:
Kegs of American Brown? Sounds like I might have to plan my RDOs around these meetings.
That came after the in-club competition where we had to taste and evaluate 10 different ESB's.

It's a tough hobby...

Melbourne Brewers meet monthly (I think there all Monthly) :)

On April 14 Melbourne Brewers are doing a brew day at the club house (Pete's warehouse), so there'll be a couple of systems brewing there and were always keen to drink critique other peoples beer.

ESB night sounds brilliant, I'm trying to put an ESB recipe together at the moment. Monthly meetings sound good, I might try an swing down on the 14th and check it out, I'd love to see some brewing systems in action.

Cheers for all the replies!

Most people are more responsible at club meetings than u WB. Just poor self control. Ive never left a meeting drunk. Well maybe I migh y have but I wasnt driving.

Tips. Come to a mweting. Good fun. Informatuve. Good blokws. Good beer. Good times.

citymorgue2 said:
Most people are more responsible at club meetings than u WB. Just poor self control. Ive never left a meeting drunk. Well maybe I migh y have but I wasnt driving.

Tips. Come to a mweting. Good fun. Informatuve. Good blokws. Good beer. Good times.
Pot. Kettle. Black, CM2?

Just look at that atrocious spelling. You're drunk as we speak, aren't you? ;-)

Back