Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KegLand-com-au

www.KegLand.com.au - A Land of Stainless Steel
AHB Sponsor
Pro - Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aperol Spritz is one of thos really popular drinks that have been sold around cool bars for some time and we really wanted to come up with a simple recipe so you guys can make your own Aperol Spritz so we wanted to start a thread on how best to do this.

Fairly recently we have released this product here:
https://kegland.com.au/products/impressence-apritzo-aperitivo-spirit-flavouring

This produt is made from Italian bitters, a bunch of different herb extracts and also gentian root extract. I think we are quite close to actual Aperol but we are keen to get your feedback.

At first we tried to use actual prosecco and vodka but to be we have found it much cheaper and easier just to use ALDI cask wine. In fact we have used pretty much the cheapest white wine we could find which is this one here:

https://www.aldi.com.au/groceries/l...ps/p/albertsons-reserve-crisp-dry-white-cask/
(Albertson's Reserve Crisp Dry White Wine Cask 4L)

The recipe that I came up with was:

Albertson's Reserve Crisp Dry White Wine Cask1750 ml
Sugar400grams
Water250 ml
Impressence - Apritzo Aperitivo Spirit50ml (single sachet)
Total Batch Size2.5L (approximately)
(Cost = $3.94 per liter based on current ALDI pricing and the KegLand price for the Impressence Aperol Essence so it's way better value than purchasing Aperol and Prosecco)

I made this particular batch size as it's what fits perfectly into a 2.5L PET bottle and then I have just carbonated the above ingredients using a CO2 cylinder and this carbonation cap.

So far I have not come up with a better recipe than this to "clone" Aperol. With that said we are keen to get your feedback.

So what we wouldlike to do is use this thread to get even better recipes from you guys. If any of you guys use our Impressence Essence and are able to find a better recipe than what I have put up above we would like to hear from you.

In fact we are prepared to pay to get your advice. If you have purchased the Aperol Essence from us and if you post a better recipe or improved tweak to this recipe above then what we will do is credit you $10 just to post your recipe on this thread. In order to claim the $10 gift card just :

1. Post your preferred recipe on this thread
2. Post your order number that you used to purchase the mpressence - Apritzo Aperitivo Spirit

Then by 1st November we will go through all the recipes and issue all the gift cards to those people who have done these two things above.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg.jpeg
    image000000.jpg.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back