Anyone Heard Of Hop Tea?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deluca

Reaction score
hi there,

i was just wondering if it was possible to make a pleasant tasting hop tea, as at the moment i just cant get enough of that awsom flavour! and so i thought that this would be a good alternative to having beer in the morning before work, haha. So yeah if anyone knows a bit about it spread the word. i was thinking that some sort of low alpha hop varieties such as saaz etc. as too make sure its not too bitter.

Cheers,

PS; dont worry im not wussing out on beer, just put a brew on.

Hehe, I did this once as a way of trying to taste the difference between different hop varieties. I infused a few pellets in a tea cup with water from the kettle for about 10 minutes.

You can imagine that it ended up tasting like lawnmower clippings, as the alpha acids hadn't isomerised and the volatiles hadn't boiled off.

If you want to give it a go, remember to boil for an hour!

sounds good, and i must admit curiousity did end up getting the best of me and i had a shot even though a knew what it was gonna taste like, only used a tiny bit, like shavings of a pellet of EKG, so wasnt too bad, but once you get a chunk of hops it gets bitter. maybe if i used a tea strainer it might work, sort of? oh well, guess that means i'll have to drink more beer then. ive got no complaints.

Check out this site

Hop lots of stuff here

Batz

"Natural Hop Confetti
Biodegradable hop confetti in individual cartons

Churchyard friendly, this natural confetti is good for weddings, receptions, holidays and parades. Sold in small, single use cartons"

Bugger the Newly weds,What a waste of good hop flowers :eek:

I got a sleepy time tea blend, which is chamomile, catnip and hops. I don't know what hop variety or anything, but its a pretty nice tea. Don't know if I'd drink it in the morning though, you might nod off.

But the hops aren't that apparent with the other ingredients in there.

sam

Back